PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Altherma Compressor test

Peter_1
10-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Can you just put 3 x 400 V on a VFD controlled Altherma compressor to test it without the VFD PCB attached to it?
No earth leaks and I measures all the same value over the 3 windings.
What type of compressormotor is used anyhow in an Altherma?
This is an insurrance case I have to go to.

install monkey
10-05-2013, 08:04 PM
erhq11-16 Model JT100G-VD
Type Hermetically sealed scroll compressor
Speed —
Motor output 2200 W
Starting method Inverter driven
same compressor as RZQ100,125160KV4A (https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&ved=0CFsQFjAG&url=https%3A%2F%2Fservice.daikin.com%2Fnewweb%2Fair_conditioner%2FMembers%2Fspare%2Fnews%2FDownLoad% 2F897%2FRZQ100KV4A%2CRZQ125KV4A%2CRZQ160KV4A.xls&ei=zUONUcvtEaeM0AWe2YGQDQ&usg=AFQjCNH7ygCv8gCxhf9MDw1YYZGyBIgP3g&bvm=bv.46340616,d.d2k)

erhq6-8
Model 2YC63BXD#C
Type Hermetically sealed swing compressor
Output 1920 W
same as the mxs e2vib!
standard air con pots by the look of it

Peter_1
10-05-2013, 08:15 PM
As I saw it, a standard 3 phase motor connected to the compressor, driven by an OEM Daikin inverter.
So we could swap out the Daikin and replace it with any VFD. Am I correct you think?

install monkey
10-05-2013, 08:33 PM
as long as the ramp /starting torque is the same, as the daikin inverter.
comms would be an issue if ur using the existing condenser, as they have the flashy green led, or is this going to be a project?- if ur just going to run/test the compressor via the vfd then as long as you got parameters programmed for over current/locked rotor then should be ok.

Peter_1
10-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Problem: 2 Altherma's installed in 1 place. Neutral wire on street connection broke somewhere +/- 12 months after installing these units. PCB blew up.
Technician came and installed 2 as he said 'refurbished' PCB's. I bet he just cut out the varistors.
Still no effect and they decided the compressor were also defective. They said compressors are electrically and probably mechanically defective.
They never measured the compressors but replaced instead both units.
Client went to the insurance company of the electricity company and the insurances company refuses to pay for 2 new units. They say that if the compressors were defective, they only had to replace both compressors.
But there's now even great doubt that there's in fact something wrong at all with the compressors. I can’t imagine that you can fire-up a compressor winding if the PCB shuts down the power immediately.
So the insurance company asked me to verify if the 2 defective units still standing at the end-user site have a defective compressor. I said that we in fact have to remove the 2 new units and replace them with the defective units to verify if all functions are working properly.
So, I first have to find out only if both compressors are defective. If not, they only will pay for 2 new PCB's and not for the 2 complete units.

al
10-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Daikin and nuetrals are a pain in the ass, any loss of nuetral seems to lead to pcb failure but the compressor should be ok, the 407c inverters you could put 3 phase on to run the pot.

alec

install monkey
10-05-2013, 09:07 PM
take em to daikin and request an inspection- then youve covered all bases,and save getting your hands dirty- if theres any costs then stick ur mark up on.
usually with daikin as al says pcbs loosing neutrals is should damage the pcbs only, if the company used new parts then this issue wouldnt arise

Problem: 2 Altherma's installed in 1 place. Neutral wire on street connection broke somewhere +/- 12 months after installing these units. PCB blew up.
Technician came and installed 2 as he said 'refurbished' PCB's. I bet he just cut out the varistors.
Still no effect and they decided the compressor were also defective. They said compressors are electrically and probably mechanically defective.
They never measured the compressors but replaced instead both units.
Client went to the insurance company of the electricity company and the insurances company refuses to pay for 2 new units. They say that if the compressors were defective, they only had to replace both compressors.
But there's now even great doubt that there's in fact something wrong at all with the compressors. I can’t imagine that you can fire-up a compressor winding if the PCB shuts down the power immediately.
So the insurance company asked me to verify if the 2 defective units still standing at the end-user site have a defective compressor. I said that we in fact have to remove the 2 new units and replace them with the defective units to verify if all functions are working properly.
So, I first have to find out only if both compressors are defective. If not, they only will pay for 2 new PCB's and not for the 2 complete units.

Peter_1
11-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Seems that end-user knows somebody at Daikin. Factory is here really close. So can't go to Daikin. Because this was anyhow an insurance case, they were almost sure insurance should pay all the costs, even new units. The unit is a R410A, not R407c.