PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRV EU fault

woody100
08-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Hello, I'm working on a Daikin VRV heat recovery system which has 21 fan coils (zones A). It is connected to an ITouch controller which also loks after another zone (zone B). When I arrived ALL indoor units on area A were showing UE fault even though some of the fan coils were working and cooling their particular zones down. I checked the outdoor units(which were running) for faults and no new ones were found, just ones from work previously carried out. I reset the ITouch controller, stopped and started all units on the ITouch and still the UE fault showed on ALL of the area A fan coil units. As the UE fault denotes loss of signal between indoor unit and central controller, my next step is to check power to all indoor units. However, should the controller show all of the indoor units in fault even when some of them are running?
Any help would be appreciated

Woody

Neddy
08-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Try a full power reset on all indoors. I had a similar problem before and resetting the power solved it.

woody100
08-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Thanks, I'm back tomorrow so I shall try it then

Woody

frank
08-05-2013, 08:27 PM
What type of wiring (cable) has been used for the F1 F2 loop?

woody100
09-05-2013, 07:43 AM
Going back today, I shall check then

Woody

AbsoluteWDJ
09-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Hello, I'm working on a Daikin VRV heat recovery system which has 21 fan coils (zones A). It is connected to an ITouch controller which also loks after another zone (zone B). When I arrived ALL indoor units on area A were showing UE fault even though some of the fan coils were working and cooling their particular zones down. I checked the outdoor units(which were running) for faults and no new ones were found, just ones from work previously carried out. I reset the ITouch controller, stopped and started all units on the ITouch and still the UE fault showed on ALL of the area A fan coil units. As the UE fault denotes loss of signal between indoor unit and central controller, my next step is to check power to all indoor units. However, should the controller show all of the indoor units in fault even when some of them are running?
Any help would be appreciated

Woody

I would start at outdoor system zone A (master unit if there multiple outdoors) the central wiring terminals OUT F1-F2. Check this cable. It will be linked to system zone B (master) and then back to I touch control.

woody100
13-05-2013, 08:56 AM
Thanks. I did reset the system by turning everything off, then turning the indoor units on first followed by the outdoor units, then waited 15 mins before enabling them from the ITouch (as recommended by Daikin). all ran OK for a couple of days but we have come in Monday to find the UE fault has returned

Woody

tommyb_
14-05-2013, 01:49 AM
You need to match the address on the itouch controller (which can be found in the head unit properties) to the wall interface for the head unit. usually you have a master and slave head unit for the daikin VRV systems you need the address for the master, matching the address on the wall controller. Call daikin and ask how to access adressing on the wall controller.

tommyb_
14-05-2013, 01:52 AM
if you click the unit with the error on the itouch and then click properties it will tell you the address.

AbsoluteWDJ
14-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Thanks. I did reset the system by turning everything off, then turning the indoor units on first followed by the outdoor units, then waited 15 mins before enabling them from the ITouch (as recommended by Daikin). all ran OK for a couple of days but we have come in Monday to find the UE fault has returned

Woody

Do any of the indoor local remotes display U4? If not check the central wiring that links both outdoors back to the Itouch.