PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed - Split system for 13ft * 10ft room

jimmym
08-05-2013, 04:16 AM
Hey All,

I need a split system in my home office as it get very hot due to it being a corner room which gets a lot of sun and having a workstation and a lot of electronics running.

I've been quoted $1600 for a 9000BTU system, based around a split system from 'Classic'.

I live in the Cayman Islands - everything is more expensive here so I'll understand if this seems like a lot.

So, a couple of questions;
1 - Has anybody hear of 'classic' air con units? I can't seem to find any info about them. The contractor told me that they were a budget model and they cheapest they had but should be fine for the small area I need to cool.

2- How difficult is it to install one of these? Could I install one with an electricians help?

Thanks in advance,
James

jimmym
08-05-2013, 04:42 AM
I should add it's probably this unit: http://www.refricenter.net/pdfs/Classic%20Equipment%20Catalogue.pdf - although this is the only info I could find out about it.

jimmym
08-05-2013, 04:46 AM
sorry - page 34 of the PDF above.

Brian_UK
08-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Short answer is no. You will need to install refrigerant grade copper pipe, with insulation, between the indoor and outdoor units, special tools are required to make the connect ions.

It then needs to be pressure tested to around 40 bar before being evacuated to 500 microns.

The electrician gets the easy part.

install monkey
08-05-2013, 11:54 PM
"electrician gets the easy part"- you mean frazzlin the boards and denying it!:D

jimmym
09-05-2013, 03:11 AM
Thanks for the info.

I guess I'll be going with the installer! They recommended the fujitsu 92R instead of the 'classic' made unit.

Still waiting on other quotes... but not sure which way I should go.