PDA

View Full Version : Rittal Chiller

Stormbringer
07-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Hello Guys,

Can someone advise on a problem with a Rittal SK3334.609 mini-cooling chiller.
The unit is about 3 years old and this is the first time it has broken down.
The initial problem was no R134a gas so we called the company that covers the chillers out and they found and fixed the leak, re-gassed and away we go ,but, as this unit is cooling dielectric oil on a spark erosion machine it needs to keep a constant temperature and found that the unit compressor was constantly running and will not cut out and so tried to chill the oil much more than the 2 degree tolerance so have to turn the unit off at the wall until the oil warms up again.

Having looked in the manuals and following the instructions within we tried to fix the Setpoint Temperature and found that it is at 0 Degrees.
Now having tried to change this as the manual stats it will not let us change it, the led stays at zero.
In the Parameters the unit is set at Fixed temperature
We can also change other parameters so the led unit works but cannot fix the Setpoint.

I have contacted Germany and left a message but no reply yet.
Need to sort this so if anyone can advise how to set the temp or whats wrong with the unit that would be great.
Thanks

install monkey
07-05-2013, 08:57 PM
http://www.rittal.de/downloads/Produktaenderungen/29/Hardware%20&%20Software%20Change%20Mini%20chiller.pdf
:)

Stormbringer
07-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Hi install Monkey,
The unit has the new LED display shown in the download so I presume all the other stuff has been updated
One thing I did try was to change Parameter 13 from Fixed to Hsyteresis and still couldn't alter the temp from zero in P1 using the C and F buttons.
Sorry forgot to mention the fault code of F.01
If the answer is in the download I cannot find it:D I'm not that bright.
Thanks for replying.

install monkey
07-05-2013, 09:54 PM
f01 maximum temp exceeded, maybe password protected thus preventing you from adjusting parameters

install monkey
07-05-2013, 09:59 PM
parameter 19 resets alarm- if it doesnt auto reset

Stormbringer
07-05-2013, 10:07 PM
the only password I know is 123 which allows you access to Parameters 13 upwards
I have tried reset but no success.
really frustrating, its probably a simple solution but knowing it is the problem.
Is Rittal popular here in the uk?

Stormbringer
07-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Its as though its lost its preset or factory setting for the Setpoint but everything else is still there.

r.bartlett
07-05-2013, 10:12 PM
the only password I know is 123 which allows you access to Parameters 13 upwards
I have tried reset but no success.
really frustrating, its probably a simple solution but knowing it is the problem.
Is Rittal popular here in the uk?

We're official Rittal Uk service agents. Contact me via my Pm to arrange a visit as we do this stuff for a living...

install monkey
07-05-2013, 10:19 PM
http://www.physi.uni-heidelberg.de/~marin/coolingconnection/Dokumentation_WA6952001_001_SK3_335_069_060619_englisch.pdf
:)

Stormbringer
08-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my problem.
Today I found more Fault codes on the unit F.01, F.03 F.10 and F82
F82 being a temp sensor down so this is probably the main root of the problem as to not being able to change the Setpoint Temp F.01

My boss is going to contact Rittal UK and take it from there.

Its good to know sites like this are available to all.

Again many thanks.