PDA

View Full Version : Using Mycom compound F2016 like as vacuum pump ??

frozenatsea
27-04-2013, 03:03 PM
Hi !
May be somebody advise me , because I can't find any information in manual . I need to provide vacuum test , but I havn't vacuum pump.

Josip
27-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Hi, frozenatsea :)

Hi !
May be somebody advise me , because I can't find any information in manual . I need to provide vacuum test , but I havn't vacuum pump.

:eek::confused:

For vacuum test we normally use a vacuum pump .... your Mycom machine is refrigeration compound compressor .... we never use refrigeration compressors instead of vacuum pumps .... and most important low suction pressure achieved with refrigeration compressor is not close to vacuum pressure at all .... my warm advice - try to find one good vacuum pump and do the job properly ....

Best regards, Josip :)

pushkar sharma
07-05-2013, 08:25 AM
It is better to use a Vacuum pump to Vacuum. Mycom refrigeration compressor is design to run only on specified refrigerant, using it for air vacuuming is not recommended because the discharge condition such as discharge temp and pressure of the air are not same as of refrigerant and may cause damage to compressor.

ISEL
06-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Not to mention with the compressor design you'll never be able to pull even a half-ass'd vacuum. There is a lot of design differences in compression compared to pulling vacuum. From the actual mechanical design to the lubricants used in it.