PDA

View Full Version : Jux-045 overload protection thermostat

Calvinsherratt
24-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Hi
I am very new to this forum, so i could do with some help if anyone out there can assist.

I have just received a dehumidifier from a friend who says it isn't working and not collecting water. I have stripped the back off it and my early diagnostics is the overload protection thermostat on the compressor is faulty as you can hear it clicking on and off.
Am i to assume that if i replace this part the compressor should in theory start up.
The part itself is round in shape approx 25mm diameter with two wires leading from it. The markings on this part are SELEC BF225-KP 03.12 JUX-045F.

I have google'd this part number and the only place i can see to obtain this part is from China and the cost of postage back to the UK is megabucks. The item itself is only a couple of pounds so it is not worth ordering one to pay 10x that amount in postage price.
Do any members know where i can possibly obtain a couple of these parts from within the UK or close by without it costing the earth.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Calvin

Brian_UK
24-04-2013, 11:17 PM
The item y known as a klixon and is a motor protector. If it is clicking then check the compressor windings and any capacitors.

The motor should run with the klixon linked out but to be honest it sounds like it's dead.

install monkey
24-04-2013, 11:24 PM
compressor info is needed, make , model number, maybe the relay on the compressor terminals is goosed,try new electrics , you can get a klixon for under 15quid but a weak klixon is rare, usually as brian states the compressor is goosed but without new electrics your not going to know

i googled jux 45 and 7th post down is yaspro electronics of shanghai
45 dollars with shipping - 29quid, bout the price of a pint in macc:D