PDA

View Full Version : experience with services of energy management solutions, inc

engrp
20-04-2013, 01:14 PM
good day fellow members. just want to inquire if any of you had been visited or are currently using energy saving devices from energy management solutions, inc. if youvisit their website, their origin looks like from usa. they have a regional sales office here in the philippines. they are offering a 10 to 12 % reduction in energy consumption (on our plant). currently, i am not very interested in their proposal,because even if we do attain their projected energy savings, we have a contract with our energy provider. even if we will achieve their (energy management solution's) projected savings, we still have to pay our projected energy demand to our energy provider.

Brian_UK
20-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Be wary of any of these schemes/devices especially where electric motors are concerned.

engrp
21-04-2013, 02:16 AM
thank you for the advise, brian. all the while, i also thought the existing devices of electrical suppliers (danfoss, toshiba, etc) were more than sufficient to assure that we, the consumers are supplied with energy efficient devices. thanks again.

Tesla
21-04-2013, 02:49 AM
I had worked for an energy optimisation company and I must say even though the product did save large amounts of energy around 15% more or less they were charging outrageous fees like 50% of the savings for a piece of software.
Controls companies are only into comfort conditions and want to jump on the band wagon to charge extra.
Power companies want you to use more so they can charge more.
Most consultants don't know what they are doing. Best way is to produce green power on site.

Magoo
21-04-2013, 03:44 AM
I have come across a snake oil product that supposedly saves 10% power, called Icecold or similar. NO not go there.
The only ones making money /savings is the IC people.
Changing large electric motors for high efficiency motors will save power costs but pay back period is long. To save money in real terms turn everythging off in low load periods and start systems in low periods/ charge time periods

Segei
21-04-2013, 05:43 PM
It depends what they propose to you. There are many ways to save energy. Some of them good , others are bad.

install monkey
21-04-2013, 05:45 PM
not another ENDOCUBE!!! :confused: