PDA

View Full Version : haveing some problems with TUSCAN?

cryotec
18-04-2013, 08:53 PM
I am new at elm so please excuse me!

It has 5 sensors
Aie on air off
Evp on evp off
Defrost
PROBLEM 1
My question is evp on and off control the superheat? Yes
If so where do you set it
And air on and off control capacity yes?
PROBLEM 2
When I connect hand held to one it connect very quickly and on second it counts from 1 to 250 and restarts again and there is no display and valve is not clicking but it was doing it day before when I switched it off these are ex-supper market unit so I can learn so thing new

al
18-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Super heat is set by controller, should be 6k, air on/off is control, can be set to 100% air off or any % in between. check the plug/socket on the unit not connecting, if it persists could be a bad joint etc.

alec

Tayters
18-04-2013, 10:17 PM
I've had the handset not working when plugged into the display but fine when plugged directly into the controller.

Radford Control Services run the show now. They used to have info on the product on theor site but just had a look and it appears it's in the process of being updated.

Cheers,
Andy.

cryotec
20-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Air on/off controlls what part of valve?
i want to reduse prussure in evp by 20 psi what should i ajust?
you guys thanks for the help

al
20-04-2013, 09:41 PM
The controller only affects the expansion valve, air on/off is for themostat control (cabinet temperature). Suction pressure is affected by compressor control, if you have a Tuscan fitted adjust the pressure cut out for the compressors.

alec

Tayters
20-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Been a while but I recall there a a few types of the controllers but a main difference is the type of expansion valve. One type has a relay to energise a LLSV and the other a solid state jobbie to pulse an AKV or similar.

Like Al says, this wont alter pressue in evaporator as this is set by the compressor/pack controller. Just lets refrigerant into the coil.

Cheers,
Andy.

NIKK38
24-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Superheat default is 8 degrees (HT) and 6 degrees (LT). The setting can be changed, but from memory the controllers don't like it.
I have some ELM PDF files that I can mail you if you let me have an e.mail address to send them to.

Nick