PDA

View Full Version : HITACHI Utopia ES 2series Cancellation of outdoor air temperature condrol

AlexAlex
18-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Hi,
Air conditioning HITACHI Utopia ES 2series (RAS-3HVRNS2) is a great feature. :)
"Cancellation of outdoor air temperature condrol" in cool mode.
Is enabled by DSW2 pin4 on PCB outdoor unit.

http://www.hitachiaircon.com/argws/en/ranges/utopia/es

1. It is really work?
2. No problem work -20 C or -30C in cool mode ?

Best regards,
Alexander.

P.S. Sorry for my English.

bigor_2
18-04-2013, 12:35 PM
I've never seen Utopia ES. But I think it is not low ambient kit.

AlexAlex
18-04-2013, 02:01 PM
It is not "kit".
It is a function of temperature shutdown protection.
Question - What is the minimum temperature equipment works?
After the shutdown temperature protection.

fordjarini
21-07-2013, 10:44 PM
New temperature margin in cooling mode =
This function changes the minimum temperature value of the operating range
in cooling mode from -5ºC to -15ºC (DB).

fordjarini
24-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Here following instructions to operate at -15°C:

For the new Utopia Premium (P) and Standard (C) units, this option exist and should accomplish the following points:

Set DSW3 PIN 2 ON & DSW6 PIN 1 OFF

This system cannot have individual units operation
One to One is not problem but DSW6 PIN 1 Should be OFF
Two or Three to Four to One can work, but DSW6 PIN 1 OFF, so those Indoor units will have not individual operation, they will work as Twin, Triple or Quad combination as ES.
Cooling Only until -15ºC

Actual technical literature has an incomplete and wrong info, so until the next release keep this info as the good one and please give me feedback once unit will operate in the next winter.

fordjarini
24-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Working without a limit your unit is stopped by the first alarm reached. And this is not nice.
With this option your unit is working without a limit.

When the limit is -15, unit is working until that in safety.

fordjarini
30-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Please consider that for the moment for Utopia ES units there is not the possibility of working in cooling mode down to -15°C outdoor air, so please consider limits reported in the technical catalogue.

Should there be any further variations to what overmentioned, I will let you know.

Please do not hesitate in contacting me for further details.

AlexAlex
19-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Please consider that for the moment for Utopia ES units there is not the possibility of working in cooling mode down to -15°C outdoor air, so please consider limits reported in the technical catalogue.

Should there be any further variations to what overmentioned, I will let you know.

Please do not hesitate in contacting me for further details.

Fordjarini, thanks for the information!
HITACHI RAS-3HVRNS2 air conditioner stops when the air temperature drops to -15 degrees Celsius?
The air conditioner HITACHI RAS-3HVRNS2 will automatic restart after the increase in temperature higher than -15 degrees Celsius ?
In service manual HITACHI SMGB0064_08_2011_rev0 not have information about emergency stop when the air temperature drops to -15 degrees Celsius (Is enabled by DSW2 pin4 on PCB outdoor unit.) :confused:

AlexAlex
10-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Hi, fordjarini.
Colder than -14 degrees Celsius this winter was not. Air conditioning Utopia ES 3HP (2 series) is working without problems. The work at low temperatures will write in February.