PDA

View Full Version : PLS HELP! Daikin VRV System Ducted Unit appears error code A3

Jorceaux
18-04-2013, 05:06 AM
We have recently completed a general cleaning service for our ac units and one of my office ducted unit has prompt error code A3 for our Daikin Vrv System. 2 contractors has given their own proposal and who shall I engage. Greatly appreciate to advise me.

Contractor A:
Need to do chemical washing (intense washing) to the internal fo the ducted unit, need to take out the water pump and float switch to clean as well. General cleaning service is not included to clean to the internal area of the ducted unit.

Contractor B:
Need to replace the water pump and float swtich. The pump cannot generate properly already.

Please help!. Thank you!

hyperion
18-04-2013, 07:43 AM
It could be a faulty internal condensate pump which is not removing the condensate water causing the high water level float switch to show the alarm fault code A3. This might also show up as a water leak. The float switch could be stuck in the fault condition. Until the pump and float switch are removed and checked you will not be certain whether the fault code is caused by an accumulation of dirt or a faulty component. Not an easy one to decide which way to go.

leegally1983
18-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Catch 22 really as it could just need a clean and Im certain that contractor A quote is cheaper but if they discover the pump is faulty they will be asking for another visit resulting in paying more, Contractor B has cover all bases and yes he is prob more expensive but atleast you will not have to pay any extra

RusBuka
18-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Hehe) Just make a good punch on bottom of ducted unit. The float of a pomp happens hangs, closing the magnetic switch.

AbsoluteWDJ
18-04-2013, 09:38 PM
We have recently completed a general cleaning service for our ac units and one of my office ducted unit has prompt error code A3 for our Daikin Vrv System. 2 contractors has given their own proposal and who shall I engage. Greatly appreciate to advise me.

Contractor A:
Need to do chemical washing (intense washing) to the internal fo the ducted unit, need to take out the water pump and float switch to clean as well. General cleaning service is not included to clean to the internal area of the ducted unit.

Contractor B:
Need to replace the water pump and float swtich. The pump cannot generate properly already.

Please help!. Thank you!

As an engineer I would check the following first

1. Is there 240volts to internal pump (checked from indoor PCB)?
2. If 240volts present, is the internal pump operating (check by vibration around where pump is situated)
3. Is the water level to high (check usually there is a small access panel on side of ducted unit)

If the pump is operating but the water level is too high then a good clean would probably do the job.

If the pump has 240volts but not operating then pump would be deemed faulty.

If the pump is operating and water level suffient then your float switch would either be stuck or faulty.

install monkey
18-04-2013, 09:58 PM
to stick my bit in- the float switch is an alarm contact only- in cooling mode the pump runs continuously then when the unit is stopped it runs for another 3 minutes-
check for sludge in the bottom of the drip tray.
pull the drain plug to see if the drip tray is full- could be faulty float
also disconnect the outlet from the pump to see if the pump can shift the condensate from the unit, could just be drain blocked down stream
also the lift pump discharges through a small thin approx 15mm od tube- check it hasnt split or the circlip hasnt come away

jdunc2301
20-04-2013, 01:08 PM
One of my engineers did a service on a daikin unit, he did it very poorly.. this caused a build up of sludge which kept the alarm float in the closed position, i took the fascia off and pulled the drain bung out...dropped the sludge out and it worked right away....

guessing all the dirt from the coil was washed off and sat in the tray..

still learning
20-04-2013, 07:00 PM
if its a float switch error (have not got the dakin book to hand ), it has to happen abou 5 or seven times to send the error , so i am told .
i must ask how is the rest of the drain discharge , , is there a trap on the outlet that could full of sludge and the drain not hung up like a elephants trunk .
also is the hight of discharge from the unit at the correct hight and not over, for the lift of the pump.
it may be clearing but when the unit stops and the pump it backwashes and refills the the drain pan when it stops.

install monkey
20-04-2013, 07:11 PM
lift pump on a daikin is 550mm from outlet, using the grey flexi pipe and 3/4 overflow, and discharging upwards immediatly from the unit, then a 1 cm per mtr fall there after