PDA

View Full Version : Robinair recovery machine model 17600A

DUCKLAND23
14-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Hi guys

I was wondering if the older recovery machines from robinair are any good . Im looking to buy a used one in the future for small jobs to start a small operation in the hvac-r field for residental Homes a/c unit . Most unit out there still use R22 so if I need to reclaim the old refrigerant to the recovery tank will the older machines work for me if its in good operating condition . I Know that R410 has higher pressures Like somewhere over 400 psi .I do know that you need to change or replace your gages with one's that can handle the higher pressure . I use to own a pro-max machine you know the blue machine . I hated that machine it took so long for the refrigerant to recover Im unsure if ever was working right but it did empty the r22 condenser fine after the long time it took .Im looking for someone to give me some kind of answer on what they think or should I save my money and get a good machine from the supply house .Im looking to start a business for residential a/c repair and am told I need this machine on my truck when I show up on a customers home at least the last guy I worked for told me this .

install monkey
14-04-2013, 03:06 PM
recovery rigs must be designated for 410 use- swapping the gauges isnt the answer.
ive got a blue promax and can degas a system with a 30kg charge in under 8 hrs using the standard 1 reclaim bottle- maybe u throttled the inlet too much when pulling liq out

DUCKLAND23
14-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Well it never too 8Hrs to recover the refridgerant from the condenser . Just it should been faster then when I last used it . I sold the old pro-max machine along time ago anyway. I Know that The new style gages are rated for 800 psi pressure max .The old R22 .R12 ,R500 and so forth are rated for 500.00 psi pressure .Im not wanting info on the new machines . Im wanting info on the old robinair machines , if there any good for recovry use in the hvac-r field and are they slow to use . My pro-max was slow it never recovered the gas fast at all it took close to a hour to work , but did a ok job after that .But yes your right recovry machines must be rated for R410A , I that Ive know that from 1999 on when they first started with them .What I need to know is robinair machines ok for there time has anyone used one from like 1992 .

monkey spanners
14-04-2013, 10:48 PM
I've never used the Robinair reco machines to know how slow they are.

You have two choices, buy the cheap machine and put up with it being slow, if you are just starting out its unlikely you will have another call to go on after this one so its only your time its costing. Or bite the bullet and buy a new one thats quick like the Appion G5 twin.

Have heard of peopel getting a good unit from second hand/pawnbrokers type of establishments.