PDA

View Full Version : Recovery unit

Kirky
12-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Hi

We are looking at buying a new recovery unit for use on commercial and industrial RAC equipment. The unit will be kept in the techs van so must be able to take a few knocks. We currently use yellow jacket 95763 recovery machines which although heavy are good and haven't let us down. The problem is price they are expensive when compared with Promax etc. can anyone recommend a good recovery unit at a good price. Or is it worth paying the extra a sticking with what we know.

monkey spanners
12-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Just got one of the Value VRR24L reco machines that FSW are selling (its the red twin cylinder model), used it twice, 2kg R22 first time and 5kg R22 the second time, so far very impressed with the speed and how quiet it is. Would prefer individual in and out taps like the EcoBuddy it replaced but not a big problem, more just what i'm used to. Time will tell if it lasts as well as the Aspen one!

al
12-04-2013, 05:23 PM
I was looking at them MS, good prices here, 550 for the 3/8hp and 650 for the 1/2. I'm replacing an ecowarrior.

still learning
12-04-2013, 07:13 PM
we have all yellow jacket reclaim rigs , long lasting and good .
use d a promax on a renew the f gas ticket course a few weeks ago.
quite liked that too .

Bigfreeze
12-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Just got one of the Value VRR24L reco machines that FSW are selling (its the red twin cylinder model), used it twice, 2kg R22 first time and 5kg R22 the second time, so far very impressed with the speed and how quiet it is. Would prefer individual in and out taps like the EcoBuddy it replaced but not a big problem, more just what i'm used to. Time will tell if it lasts as well as the Aspen one!

My mates Aspen just exploded today after six months use.:eek:

monkey spanners
12-04-2013, 09:42 PM
My mates Aspen just exploded today after six months use.:eek:

Mine has lasted 8 years but i heard of people having warranty problems with the newer version so it put me off them a bit, plus a change is as good as a rest!

chemi-cool
12-04-2013, 09:46 PM
mastercool!

Kirky
15-04-2013, 07:17 PM
I did take a look at the Value gear but name put me off seemed a bit cheap and cheesy. It may be really good quality kit but the names pants. Has anyone used the value stuff for a while what's the quality like ? Don't wanna buy anything that's crap

RusBuka
15-04-2013, 07:40 PM
CPS CR700...the best. Or CPS TR21 TWIN with outunit condeser in water)))