PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu ipm fault on auy30

gwm121
08-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Good evening
We have a 7 year old r410a auy30 LUAS cassette error 17 which is ipm fault.

My feeling is where we to replace just the board there may be a compresor fault that caused it and we could end up paying for another repair.

id value others opinions if they think safe or not to replace just the board...
thx

install monkey
08-04-2013, 08:35 PM
50/50 chance- try the inv circuit first, may be possibly knackered pot- but without changing pcb you wont know
testing windings wont proove all is well

Tayters
08-04-2013, 09:01 PM
If you can check the inverter output and find it is goosed then in my experience it would be unlikely that the compressor caused the fault.

If the compressor was seized then normally the IPM detects the higher current and shuts off around 30A then retries a few times before generating the code.
If the compressor had a faulty winding then hopefully you could measure that and the IPM current draw would be as just described.
If the compressor was down to earth then expect a trail of carnage.

I did an inverter testing guide. Should find it on the site if you search for it.

When I was on site with a Fujitsu guy once he was saying the IPM code could be caused by overcharging. I think what happens is in heating the unit runs at a higher duty and the cold compressor becomes a point for the refrigerant to migrate. Eventually liquid gets in the mix and current rises and eventually the code is spat out.

Ultimately to prove the compressor you wil need to run it from an inverter or another unit. If the compressor does have a fault which messed up the first IPM then you've got 2 units knackered.

Cheers.