PDA

View Full Version : quizy type question thingy

rbartlett
29-01-2006, 07:57 PM
prisoner in cell with two doors and two wardens. One door to gas chamber and other to freedom. One warden is 100% liar and other is 100% truthteller.........MUST ALWAYS tell truth or must always tell a lie. Prisoner can only ask one question and one only to either of the wardens...through the answer he can work out the door to freedom. What is the question?

cheers

richard

Lazarus
29-01-2006, 08:43 PM
Are the wardens in front of... ie dedicated to a door!!!

rbartlett
29-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Are the wardens in front of... ie dedicated to a door!!!

the question is in full..as i didn't make it up i can't answer

cheers

richard

Lazarus
29-01-2006, 08:53 PM
i would ask one of the warders ... "If i asked the other warder which is the door to freedom, which door would he say?"

Then go through the other one

phil68
29-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Go on then, put us out of our misery:confused:

slingblade
31-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Answer is on an esisode of Dr. Who circa mid 1980's (Tom Baker from memory). i would look it up, or give it some thought but cant be bothered in both cases.

rbartlett
31-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Answer is on an esisode of Dr. Who circa mid 1980's (Tom Baker from memory). i would look it up, or give it some thought but cant be bothered in both cases.

Quiet -adults talking

cheers

richard

phil68
31-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Come on then, what's the answer, don't keep us in suspenders:)

slingblade
31-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Quiet -adults talking

Indeed. that will be why i remember the question posed from an episode of Dr who i saw when i was 9 years old. if your that stuck by this metaphysical conundrum then why not ask Mr O'Brien. i feel he is more than worthy of solving this in less than a second, after all his brain is so quick he has counted to infinity. twice.

cruzeiros
31-01-2006, 10:00 PM
you can ask a lot of questions...(if the wardens must say only the truth or only a lie)..very simple ones.. that has only one answer...like:

1 + 1 is..?

(and the liar say: i'm not really into mathmatics)

chillin out
31-01-2006, 10:12 PM
LOL ..

Yes you could ask a simple question like whats 1 + 2...

Hopefully both the gaurds have speach impediment and can`t pronounce there 'th'`s ....

So they would both shout 'FREE' :D :D

So then you just walk out and head off down the pub to get drunk, cause a public nuisance, get into a fight and end back inside again.:(

Chillin:) :)

cruzeiros
31-01-2006, 10:32 PM
LOL.. to you too :)

and because my birthday is coming i was thinking...instead of get drunk what else can i do..?!?!
feel free to try a long hard day at work..maybe 12 hours..instead of 8(in the contract) and i must say that this time is of course..free of charge ?!?! ;)

Lazarus
02-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Hey Slingblade.... i must have been half blind for the last couple of weeks, just figured out your avatar... well maybe figured out was the wrong description... fell over it would be better.... LOL

Dan
03-02-2006, 01:09 AM
"Would you be lying if you told me this door is the one to freedom?" Let's say we are pointing at the left door and the right door is the one to freedom.

The Truthteller would say "Yes."
The Liar would say "Yes." That's too easy...

Ok... I am pointing at the left door and the left door is the one to freedom... same question:

The Truthteller would say "No."
The Liar would say "No."

Dang! It seemed so simple at first, but now I am wondering which one is Saddam and which one is Bush.

cruzeiros
03-02-2006, 07:08 AM
why should the liar tell the truth ? for the first question "yes" it's not a lie...the idea is that he always lie. and the same to the second question. it's half right and half a lie..he must be 100 % a liar.

chillin out
03-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Lazarus has already said the answer..

"If I asked the _other_ guard, which door would he indicate
leads to freedom?"

Take the door _opposite_ to what's indicated!

Regardless of whom you ask, they'll point to the wrong door.

phil68
03-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Lazarus has already said the answer..

"If I asked the _other_ guard, which door would he indicate
leads to freedom?"

Take the door _opposite_ to what's indicated!

Regardless of whom you ask, they'll point to the wrong door.

By jove I think you may have cracked it old chap:)

chillin out
03-02-2006, 11:49 PM
I found it here....
http://www.calpoly.edu/~mcarlton/riddles.html

But no matter what question you ask, you will always be able to find it on the web. LOL

Lazarus
03-02-2006, 11:57 PM
LOL .... didnt even think of looking for the answer, was far more fun to work one out...

Dan
04-02-2006, 02:26 AM
why should the liar tell the truth ? for the first question "yes" it's not a lie...the idea is that he always lie. and the same to the second question. it's half right and half a lie..he must be 100 % a liar.

Duh. Of course Cruzeiros! I didn't give it enough thought. Hopefully not many people read my answer!:) Fun question, though.

slingblade
04-02-2006, 01:05 PM
those poor souls here who dislike me and hope to better me because I'm so out spoken about my greatness

there is more than one then.

slingblade
04-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Hey Slingblade.... i must have been half blind for the last couple of weeks, just figured out your avatar... well maybe figured out was the wrong description... fell over it would be better.... LOL

I know. its good and you can buy the tee shirt, its on a link from ebaumsworld if i remember correctly.:cool:

slingblade
05-02-2006, 01:40 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/science/ockham/stories/s223949.htm

Indeed. the internet is a very powerful tool for the purpose of seeking knowledge and fact. i typed "south african w.anker" into google and found 86,000 matches in less than 0.22 seconds.

slingblade
05-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Touche, ****w*t.

slingblade
06-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Indeed, **y**x***r.

what does that mean? mine clearly says tiwkcuf {use a mirror} **y**x***r. not a clue.:rolleyes:

phil68
06-02-2006, 09:22 PM
what does that mean? mine clearly says tiwkcuf {use a mirror} **y**x***r. not a clue.:rolleyes:
gay fox beer:confused: :D :D