PDA

View Full Version : how do i switch from electrical to fridge engineer

jackhenry7
05-04-2013, 10:05 PM
i am a fully qualified electrician (17th edition) with 4 years experience. I have worked mainly in supermarkets so am familiar with contactors etc and electrical side of fridge but have no further experience.

what courses would I need to do to become a fridge engineer, would I need to complete a full apprenticeship or would my 17th edition coupled with completing the f gas course be enough?

any advice would be much appreciated!

frank
05-04-2013, 10:18 PM
i am a fully qualified electrician (17th edition) with 4 years experience. I have worked mainly in supermarkets so am familiar with contactors etc and electrical side of fridge but have no further experience.

what courses would I need to do to become a fridge engineer, would I need to complete a full apprenticeship or would my 17th edition coupled with completing the f gas course be enough?

any advice would be much appreciated!
Hello Jack and welcome to the forum

Might I ask a simple question that may answer you question regarding how to become a fridge engineer?

How many years did you study to become an electrician during your apprenceship?

I'm afraid it's the same in our game...there are no shortcuts. You need at least the minimum 4 years as would an apprentice. Lots of people consider that it can be done in a shorter time, but to be honest, it doesn't matter what trade you pick, training takes time and there is no short cut if you want to become fully qualified.