PDA

View Full Version : Fuji ROA18LAT3 split aircon issue

Courageous
04-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Hi guys,

I have a house in Spain (yes I guess half of you have switched off already hehe!) and the installation is coming up six years old so out of warranty.

The system has one outdoor unit: ROA18LAT3
3 Indoor units: RSM-12LA

The whole system stopped functioning one evening and the CB in my distribution board tripped. There was torrential rain at the time (OK the half of you that are still here now realise there IS a God).

The rain may well be a red herring here but in any case I googled the fault lamp sequence and stumbled across an aircon forum where on two or three occasions some Aussies had the same issue and they had found Gecko's had found their way into the outdoor unit and shorted PCBs. So, convinced that I would have suffered a similar fate I went on the roof and lifted the lid on the unit. This is pretty well protected from rain I have to say and I didn't find any evidence of water staining. I had the original installers come in and they want to hand it over to the "Makers men" and I feel a big bill coming!!!!

The sequence I am getting is Red Operation flashing 5 and Green Timer flashing quick. This appears to the installation sheet to be "Indoor Unit - outdoor unit mis-wiring". I suppose since this comes from an installation guide this would make sense rather than gear failure. The internet says that this is a comms fault I think.

I am hoping that I may be able to work through this myself with your kind assistance. As a background, I used to be a Marine Engineer deep sea and so have (in the past) been quite conversant with the internals of electrical kit.

I would very much appreciate your thoughts and advice.

r.bartlett
04-04-2013, 03:45 PM
there is a manual here-

http://elektrotanya.com/fuji_roa18lat3_roa24lat3.pdf/download.html

Courageous
04-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Thank you - I shall take a gander at that.

Courageous
04-04-2013, 04:23 PM
The error codes in that manual appear different. There doesn't seem to be the sequence that I have BUT the manual refers to a different indoor unit so I suppose that would account for that.

Courageous
04-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Ok I have managed to download the manual for the indoor units as well now and that flashing sequence gives me the following:

Large division - Serial error.
Small division - Serial reverse transmission error.

Can anyone point me in the right direction from that at all?

Brian_UK
04-04-2013, 11:12 PM
Check the interconnecting cable between the indoor and the outdoor units.

Make sure that there aren't any cable nicks, where the installer has cut the cable insulation slightly, which have allowed water in. Check under any cable clamps on the outdoor.

Courageous
05-04-2013, 08:05 AM
Check the interconnecting cable between the indoor and the outdoor units.

Make sure that there aren't any cable nicks, where the installer has cut the cable insulation slightly, which have allowed water in. Check under any cable clamps on the outdoor.

I will take a look at that thanx Brian. If I find moisture is it likely to have taken out a PCB?

bigor_2
05-04-2013, 09:44 AM
This outdoor unit have DC fan motor. If DC motor is defective then it may cause a short circuit on PCB. And as a result communication error
For check my ideas
1. power off
2. disconnect socket CN 800(white) from outdoor main PCB
3. power on