PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Manufacturer Fujitsu Daikin or Toshiba

formula
04-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Hi,
I wonder if anyone could give some impartial advice on which manufacturer to choose.
We have had a few quotations for installing 8 ceiling ceiling cassette systems and the main ones quoted is Toshiba Fujitsu and Daikin.
They are 7 to 10 kw single systems in different areas.
Many Thanks
Robin

The Viking
04-04-2013, 10:21 AM
All 3 brands you listed are reputable and should be OK.
My personal preference would be (1) Toshiba (2) Daikin (3) Fujitsu BUT that is only based on the relationships I got with their respective supply chain and nothing to do with the products themselves.

However, as someone that spent too long in this industry, I firmly believe that you are looking at this from the wrong viewpoint...
As long as you stay with the more reputable brands of equipment (for example; Toshiba, Daikin, Fujitsu, Mitsubishi) and steer clear of the cheaper stuff imported from China or the stuff that only is designed to look nice (but might be from well known home entertainment brands...), it doesn't really matter what manufacturer you go for. They all have their strong points, for example additional computerised control options, as well as occational weak points that will differ from brand to brand.

The biggest impact on the reliability of the system(s) and the comfort in the room(s) they serve will be the design and installation. Even the best units will fail within weeks if not properly installed.

Your choise shouldn't therefore be based on Manufacturer or, in my humble opinion, even purchasing price.
Find yourself a reputable installer that you can trust and follow his/her advice. In the long term this will give you a better comfort level and reduced overall costs (as there are likely to be fewer breakdowns).

Also, don't forget to budget for proper maintenance of your systems. Poorly maintained units are more likely to break down and will cost more to run.

:cool:

martinw58
04-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Toshiba then Mitsubishi Fujitsu not Daikin as they have a problem leaking coils and also warranty isues