PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu Inverter Split A/C Mod: AOTR12LCC

shifty
27-03-2013, 09:19 AM
I have been working on this unit and it comes up with flashing led"s on the indoor unit.
The red and green both flash 3 times then the red flashes 2 times more
Fujitsu said it's a shared circuit error,and failed to elaborate on it.
I have 240 coming into my isolator on the wall when the isolator is off,and i have 240 coming out.
The unit is powered from the head so i checked i had 240 on my active into my indoor pc board which i did have.
The indoor pc board fuse was not blown and i checked that it had a circuit, and i've installed an indoor pc board thinking that this was the problem due to it not calling for the compressor or condenser fan not to start up.
The interconnecting cable looks fine.
Any ideas would help heaps as i'm stumped.
rgds
shifty

ozairman
27-03-2013, 03:49 PM
With Fujitsu's of that vintage don't look at how many times the lights flash together just look at the total count of each light. So 5 x Red (Operation) and 3 x Green (Timer) is CT (Current transformer) error which means that the machine is not detecting any current draw in the outdoor unit after 1 minute of outdoor operation.
You must have power to the outdoor unit from the indoor for this error to occur but more than likely nothing is running at the outdoor I suspect?
Have you tried running the unit with the compressor disconnected? the outdoor fan should at least try to run.
An inverter checker would be handy to see if there is any output to the compressor, if the compressor meters out (0.71 ohms between all phases) and meggers ok then its more than likely the outdoor PCB.

shifty
03-04-2013, 10:20 AM
thanks ozairman,i'm heading back to the job on friday so i'll give that a go.
I'll let ya know how i go.