PDA

View Full Version : Clint Package plant Compressor failure ..? Help please.

Roan
27-03-2013, 06:07 AM
Good day everyone.

I have a problem with new Clint package plants that keep losing compressors.
10162The middle and 1st compressors inline burnt out. We have lost these compressors on 3 different plants with no clear reason ...? Units are serviced every month and are only a year and a half old. could it be the way the compressors are lined up that the 1st 2 compressors runs hotter than the last (bull heading maybe?)

there are was no refrigerant leaks or any other major problems and now suddenly during the hot summer we are having problems.

please any advise will be greatly welcomed.

Regards
Roan

al
27-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Are there internal discharge check valves on these compressors? Also have you a common equalised oil line between the compressors. Any feed back on what caused the compressors to fail, electrics or oil related?

alec

Roan
28-03-2013, 06:22 AM
Hi Alec,

Not sure on the internal check valve on the compressors, but I don't think so. there is an equalized oil line between the compressors. No feedback yet on the cause but I think it was electrical as all the compressors are down to earth. another strange thing I have noticed is that the compressors are discolored like they heated up before they bummed out. I also can't see any protection to prevent this.

bigor_2
28-03-2013, 06:39 AM
Hi Roan,
Which operation mode of unit? HP?