PDA

View Full Version : Proline CCB297 starter relay replacement

mike777
25-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Morning, all
First post here, hopefully I'm in the right forum area. I've been trying to find a replacement for this relay for three weeks now and have been told it's no longer made. Fair enough, but I've also been told the three pin connector is standard; surely there has to be a relay with the same tech spec that can do the job?
For what it's worth, the part number on the side of the relay is C2-276NFBYY-151. The compressor calls itself the HP12AA R600A. My kitchen is beginning to look like I run a kids' party catering business.
I'll be grateful of any help. This forum seems more in-depth than others I've asked, so here's hoping.

Thanks,
Mike

monkey spanners
25-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Fit a universal relay, Supco make range of different models for different compressor motor sizes.

B G Scott
25-03-2013, 06:25 PM
As Monkey Spanners say's Supco will in all probability have a solid state relay to fit, if you are looking for a complete unit to fit direct onto the terminals the PRO series should do.
Also note the RO series incorporates the relay and overload and the flying leads push directly onto the compressor terminals, either would be an easy fix as long as the compressor is OK.
Give SRW a call 01273 455530 or have look at www.srw.co.uk (http://www.srw.co.uk)

mike777
05-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Thanks for your suggestions, chaps. Waiting for a reply from SRW but I registered on their site in order to browse the catalogue and I didn't spot anything that looks similar. Danfoss haven't replied, even though there were plenty of pictures of seemingly compatible components on their site. "Meanwhile", as Clarkson would say, proving that the path to hell is strewn with the corpses of good intentions, a friend of mine proudly turned up at my house this week with a fridge freezer in his hatchback. I was overwhelmed till we manhandled it out of the car and at the back door he let slip that 'all it needs is a thermostat'. I now have two disabled fridges in my kitchen. The thermostat job is an LEC ET450AW. I've seen prices vary from £6.99 to nearly forty quid, but at least they seem more available than the elusive relay, and also go by the name of Ranco K59-P6823. Best suggestions, other than move to Norway?
Thanks again,
Mike

FreezerGeezer
06-04-2013, 11:26 AM
I'd have thought that NRS or Dean & Wood could supply the relay. Iirc they both offer Ranco products so could supply the thermostat. SRW are often cheaper, but if one of the others is close to you...

As for which to repair, I'd go with whichever is easier. Which I'm guessing (not having seen the fridges) will be the start relay.
But make sure the compressor is ok first. No point messing about with the relay if the comp. is stuffed.