PDA

View Full Version : york experts! ...desperate!

gruntzilla
17-03-2013, 07:20 AM
I have a double twin compressor set up giving me trouble...this set up does not have a low ambient kit on it. The part that will make you chukkle is that this set up is in mn.

Well if you want to help me with low discharge superheats and an or an economically feasable alternative to screws let me know.

This chiller set up is for a plating. Process. It spends 90 percent of time u.der 30% maintaining 19 deg on 134. There is only a 900 gallon glycol tank.

I feel system should be at least 10,000 gallon silo for this set up as when they start plating on syzstem it instantly throws 1850 watts at system and can not ramp up fast enough to handle the shock. I feel we need a large buffer vessel...our engineer disagrees.

HATE INTRODUCING MYSELF THIS WAY...BUT HELLO FROM MINNESOTA EVERYONE WITH MEASURED AMBIENT OF 24 DEGREES

BRAD

monkey spanners
17-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Hi Brad,

I don't work on chillers so won't be much help, hopefully some more knowledgeable members will be along shortly.

Does sound like the buffer vessel is too small if the temperature rises too much before the chiller can respond.
What is your engineers solution to the problem seeing as they disagree?

Jon :)

RANGER1
18-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Brad,
If you have t/stat in return line before buffer tank it can respond much earlier to maintain temps.
It will sense temp much sooner & ramp up.

What controls are you currently using & how is it set up.

aharaz
22-03-2013, 02:08 AM
Hi Hello there,
Does anyone knows where to find the complete troubleshooting guidelines for YORK.

TQ

tvrao
22-03-2013, 07:49 AM
Hi Hello there,
Does anyone knows where to find the complete troubleshooting guidelines for YORK.

TQ

Hi,
I can send you the manual for air cooled chiller unit where you can go thro the trouble shooting chart. if required pl mail me.
tvrao161@hotmail.com

regards
tvrao

aharaz
23-03-2013, 02:23 AM
Hi,
I can send you the manual for air cooled chiller unit where you can go thro the trouble shooting chart. if required pl mail me.
tvrao161@hotmail.com

regards
tvrao

Hi Mr Tvrao,

Pl check yr mail.

Thanks

Regards
aharaz

al
06-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Gruntzilla

Is it an air cooled screw package, ycas or yaes?

Sounds like you're right with buffer tank, these are hvac chillers and may be too slow to react when sudden load is thrown at them.

alec

ghanghas85
13-06-2013, 07:44 AM
Dear Brad,

What type of evaporator is there( Dx, pump feed , gravity feed)
You can adjust your chiller compressor loading time.