PDA

View Full Version : Low pressure receiver in DX system

lana
16-03-2013, 04:12 AM
Dear All,

Please have a look at the attached drawing.

Any body used or seen this system?

The low pressure receiver acts as a flash gas removal tool (it seems).

Any practical problems using this system ?

Appreciate any input.

Cheers,
LANA

martinw58
16-03-2013, 06:42 AM
the receiver will freezt frost and how are controlling the liquid into the evap

lana
16-03-2013, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the reply.

That's why I raised the question.

I have seen this on a mini water chiller catalouge (not seen it on action).

Any more inputs will be great.
Cheers
LANA

moideen
16-03-2013, 08:55 AM
I have seen this type of low pressure receiver use at new York screw chillers (MODEL YCIV) mention flash tank by controlling with two electronic expansion valve. So the main purpose of this to remove the flash gas, same like economizer using for centrifugal chillers. As per your catalogue, there is not low side expansion device and why use for this mini chiller.

Segei
16-03-2013, 01:00 PM
This is not complete drawing. Suction from LPR should be connected to the compressor. LPR should be insulated. Liquid pump should supply liquid to the evaporator.

R717
16-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Would that be a DX system with no expansion device between the receiver and the evaporator ?

Wouldn't it be more like a flooded evaporator system ?

lana
17-03-2013, 09:02 AM
Thanks guys for the inputs.

The drawing I saw is like the drawing I sent. All the replies seem correct that's why I am confused. We have this in liquid circulation system with liquid pump BUT on a DX??? Something is wrong I think!!!

Thanks again

Segei
17-03-2013, 02:24 PM
It is not problem to use liquid pump for DX coil. However, when you throttle refrigerant to LPR flash gas will be created If you don't have suction line, how this gas can be removed.