PDA

View Full Version : fieldpiece ASX14,SSX34

moideen
16-03-2013, 03:59 AM
hi guyes,I would like to buy a fieldpiece meter ASX14 OR SSX 34 for checking sub cool/superheat measurement. Can anybody tell me which meter is better and if it is dependable.:cool:

joe-ice
16-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Why not just purchase a digital manifold ,most digital manifolds have superheat/subcooling capability.I have the asx14 head and stick meter ,purchased a few years ago before digital gauges became common place .No problems with reliability and still working years later.Going back though i would go for the ssx stand alone meters if i was purchasing again ,alot smaller than a stick meter and accessory head,look a bit sturdier too.

moideen
16-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Why not just purchase a digital manifold ,most digital manifolds have superheat/subcooling capability.I have the asx14 head and stick meter ,purchased a few years ago before digital gauges became common place .No problems with reliability and still working years later.Going back though i would go for the ssx stand alone meters if i was purchasing again ,alot smaller than a stick meter and accessory head,look a bit sturdier too.
thanks your replay, i decided to buy ssx 34.

robertniez1961
25-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Having a separate instrument is good but I soon realized that it's a bit complicated. I had a digital manifold and I'd been using it for quite some time it's easy and less hassle. Just one set up and you can get information with just a one touch. Of course you can save too...