PDA

View Full Version : Candy cpca240ffk fridge too cold / freezing inside

Daver
15-03-2013, 08:35 PM
I read in another thread that the common problem that causes this is the fridge sensor, the one embedded in the foam at the rear of the fridge.

I have since obtained a replacement kit 49003477 complete with instructions on how to fit the sensor, however after cutting where it suggested and some digging later around the cables inside the foam I have yet to find the sensor.

The cables appear to run up the back inside the foam (I can just about make them out through the plastic insulation) from the center of the freezer compartment up to the top left corner, they coil up near the cut out area but appear to continue up to the top of the fridge! Does this mean the sensor is located in a different place on my model?

Can anyone offer me any advice for locating the sensor?... I don't want to go digging out too much foam unnecessarily if its likely to be in a different place.

tonto33
15-03-2013, 10:11 PM
normally its the fridge sensor that fails goes to pcb never had to cut one out yet

Daver
15-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Can you tell me where in the fridge the sensor is exactly? Thanks

spimps
16-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Can you tell me where in the fridge the sensor is exactly? Thanks

Iv'e done a couple,carp machines they are.
sensor is at the rear of the fridge evaporator.
The instructions that come with part tell you exactly where it is located by measuring from top and side.If you don't have them get onto Candy or where you purchased spare from.

Daver
16-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Thanks for your reply, I do have the instructions and I've done as suggested 172mm from left and 168 from top to get center of cut 16cm square however all I've found after digging out the foam is the cable coiled on its way up to the top, could the sensor be somewhere else?

tonto33
16-03-2013, 08:57 PM
this one is the one that fails the most...http://www.buyspares.co.uk/fridge-sensor/product.pl?pid=847037&query=cpca240ffk

Daver
16-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the link, any ideas where it will be in the fridge?

install monkey
16-03-2013, 09:42 PM
keep hacking- u can always use expanding foam or a piece of kingspan to repair the handywork!

Daver
16-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Ok thanks everyone for the advice so far... I will keep hacking away until I hopefully find something other than foam! I'll let you all know if I do

spimps
18-03-2013, 04:41 PM
If you followed the instructions it will be there,usually in a plastic tube adjacent to the evaporator tubes.
Be VERY VERY careful as the evaporator isnt very tough,it will easily puncture with a metal object and then all will be lost,rub away all the foam in that area until you are down to the metal evaoprator.
It will look like a cable with a bulb on the end.
May be extend down slightly.

megatron
19-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Hello everyone
I had exactly the same problem with mine and replaced the sensor about a year ago. Although it was slightly better the temperature control had to be set at the very lowest setting to prevent the fridge from freezing.
It has now gone back to its old ways and freezes everything. Can anyone tell me what the resistance of the sensor should be both at room temperature and with the fridge at normal temperature? I would like to know if it is actually the sensor that is at fault before I replace it again. My sensor reads about 8kohm when the fridge is a few degrees below zero, and decreases as the fridge warms up.
Daver when you find the sensor cut the old one from the cable and solder the new one to the old cable, saves a lot of work.
cheers Stew

Daver
20-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Hi everyone, I persevered and dug away carefully then Voilą! I found the sensor exactly where it was meant to be, I followed the instructions to a T and the job is now done and fridge is working normally again.

It was the initial sight of seeing the cables coiled where I'd cut the opening that made me unsure about where I was digging out. Anyway you all gave me the confidence to continue so thanks it paid off.

I've attached a picture of the cut-out in case anyone else is concerned about the cable routing, it took a bit more effort working around the cables but I managed it anyways.

Thanks again everyone
Dave