PDA

View Full Version : Par-21maa Mitsubishi Mr Slim SUZ-KA12NA Lower Limit

Dav
15-03-2013, 07:02 PM
I am a homeowner and have recently had a Mistubishi Mr Slim ductless unit installed in our loft bedroom to control that room separately - a flush mount unit. It comes with a PAR21-MAA wall mounted unit. In following the instructions to reduce the lower limit, I am unable to set a cooling limit below 67 degrees F. Since this is our bedroom and we like to sleep in a cool environment, I was hoping that limit was not locked in. Mitsubishi just walked me through the cryptic step to lower the limit but it will not move below the 67 degree mark. Thanking anyone in advance who can help with advice.
Dav

install monkey
15-03-2013, 09:08 PM
in cooling mode press the test button twice quickly- test run for 2 hrs!!!! when you try lowering the temp does it say "temp limit" on the display when u try to go below 67f?

Brian_UK
15-03-2013, 11:54 PM
Sorry but 67°F is the lowest setting available on the remote controller.

You can change whether the controller uses the temperature sensor at the unit or the remote controller so it might be worth changing over to see if you can lower the room temperature that way.

I suppose another way would be to modify the unit temperature sensor so that it thinks it is warmer than it is.

Dav
19-03-2013, 08:51 AM
I ran the test run cycle for 2 hours - tried to lower the temperature at the 2 hour mark and it just ignored the input - no message on the display. Can I change the thermostat on this unit to one that I can control?

Dav
19-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Modify the temperature sensor? Probably over my head. . . Maybe a 7 watt night light under the thermostat - wrapped in aluminum foil to block the light or painted black <groan> The unit didn't come with a remote controller - not sure if I can purchase one.