PDA

View Full Version : Electrolux ER3167bn

ajacklin
12-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Hi, I'm hoping some of you might be able to help me out. I purchased the above fridge freezer as used but in good condition. It was delivered so I left it to settle overnight before plugging it in. Now that I've come to try it the freezer seems to be working fine but the fridge on the least coolest setting is running at -10c which obviously would be freezing all the food. Would that point to being a faulty thermostat? If so could anyone point me in the direction of where I'd find it on the fridge freezer? Is it likely to be behind the freezer panel or above the fridge light? I think the part is 2146282039 from the electrolux site. I know some people would argue that it should be left to the professionals but money is tight hence be buying a used product. If I don't feel confident after looking at it and how it's wired up I won't attempt it anyway.
Thanks in advance!

Frikkie
13-03-2013, 09:31 PM
I also had a new fridge many years ago and I was confused by the marks on the thermostat knob and the book that came with it wasn't very clear. It had a + and a - sign. I set it toward the + sign which I thought was the warmest and it made the vegetables frozen. When I spoke to the shop they said the plus sign means it's more cold. It worked fine when I turned the setting the other way.