PDA

View Full Version : Misubishi Kirigamine power connection

Tycho
08-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Howdy

Friend of mine has a mitsubishi kirigamine (6kw) air/air split unit he is installing right now, and he called me to ask how to connect the power. (yes, he is a licensed refrigeration engineer, but we are both in industrial, so split units are "white mans magic" to us)

on the out door unit there is S1 - S2 - S3 -- L - N
on the indoor unit there is S1 - S2 - S3

He want's to connect the power on the indoor unit.

On my 10 year old panasonic, I connected the power to the indoor unit, but had to put jumpers from S1 - L and S2 - N on the outdoor unit.

I can't find anything on the oh mighty google for this model.

if anyone knows, please reply quickly, he is making the connections now, but waiting for my go ahead before he plug it in the wall :)

kayern
08-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Hello!
Connect S1 to outdoor unit to the indoor unit S1. S2 to S2 S3 to S3.
L - N is the supply.
Regarding the jumper you are talking about is this made ​​in the outdoor unit at the factory.

Regards
Kay

kayern
08-03-2013, 06:53 PM
I did not notice before now that he wanted to connect the supply to the indoor unit.
Supply must ALWAYS be connected to the outdoor unit!

PS: ser du er Norsk, ring meg på 48269122 så skal jeg gi deg en forklaring. :-)

Kay

Brian_UK
08-03-2013, 11:22 PM
If the unit is labelled as you say then the power supply must go to the outdoor unit.

If your local regulations insist that the power must be connected to the indoor unit then the unit he bought should not have been sold in your country.

kefah
09-03-2013, 01:18 PM
If the unit is labelled as you say then the power supply must go to the outdoor unit.

If your local regulations insist that the power must be connected to the indoor unit then the unit he bought should not have been sold in your country.
you are right

Tycho
10-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Thanks everybody :)

I got hold of a guy who sell these pumps, and he said to always connect the power to L-N.
it was possible with jumpers he said, but he had had problems with the ones where it had been done.

Brian_UK
10-03-2013, 11:12 PM
Often the power supply to the indoor unit, from the outdoor, is fed via a secondary fuse which is only sized to feed the indoor unit.

If you try reversing the power direction then the outdoor unit, compressor and fan, would probably blow that fuse.