PDA

View Full Version : newscan ice machine problem

gary anderson
07-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Can anyone help me please
I have a problem with a newscan ns.36.mas-e1 ice machine

it makes ice but won't click the timer in for defrost, i changed the thermostat still not working
but it will click the timer in if i give the end of the stat a quick blast of refrigerant
its like the stat isn't getting cold enough to click it over??????

the fridge system if fine and it makes ice perfectly, the defrost timer works fine when clicked in manually or as above blasted with a bit of refrigerant

any help would be great thanks as its really starting to piss me off

1mikeefc1
07-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Not sure on the machine your working on but sounds similar system to a maidaid/iceomatic, if so some models are wired so the stat initiates the timer if you've changed the stat it may be a fault on the timer, also some machines can be connected in with the bin stat although I've not seen many.

Andy AC
07-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Do you ever see the timer move?, as mentioned before it is usually initiated by the stat. It's not that unusual for the timer to break up internally.

snowy
30-03-2013, 02:22 PM
If the timer motors round when you bypass the thermostat then the timer is probably okay. After checking the timer, run the machine for around 20-30 mins with the thermostat on a low setting. Then, if cubes are evenly formed across the evaporator and the machine hasn't gone into harvest and just keeps freezing then the thermostat is faulty. If cubes are only forming on one side of the evaporator then it's a refrigeration issue (dirty condensor, low refrigerant or failing compressor).