PDA

View Full Version : Bottle fridge

lorano
06-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Hi Guy's

Was sent today to fit a small filter drier+capilary tube to a bottle fridge as previously diagnosed by another engineer.Fitted the parts,pressure tested,vac'd out system,recharged with 150grams of r134a.Powered up and was only gettin temp down to 14 degrees C.Checked pressures and the compressor was pumping itself into a vac...blockage somewhere right?The evap coil was still recieving refrigerant as it was frosting over near the capilary side.Surely the new capilary cant be blocked,i was very carefull when brazing it in as i know how easy it is to block them with solder.I did notice oil coming out of the evap when i removed to old capilary(this was at the top of the coil)could the coil be full of oil and this is whats stopping the flow of refrigerant?I'm going to have to go back tomorrow and remove all the brazed joints and blow through with ofn till i find the problem.

Royal241
09-03-2013, 12:48 AM
when i do cap tubes, after i replace all things, I pressurize with nitro from high side and look to see how it equalizes before I vaccum. just an suggestion, follow this and you will succeed! chances are you clogged the cap at the filter, next time apply 5psi nitro while brazing ;) (leave suction valve open... no insult here)

Royal241
09-03-2013, 12:50 AM
on a second thought, just add a little more ***** before taking the thing appart, maybe just undercharged...?

SOCOLD
19-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Hi mate did you solve the problem