PDA

View Full Version : FYI , Biflow driers and Reversing valves.

AndyHX
06-03-2013, 06:07 PM
I had an issue with a package A/C unit this week. In cooling pressures were normal , switch to heating and with in 10 seconds unit running in to vac . My thought was the expansion valve faulty but these were accurators and all moving and seals all ok. Next on the list was RV , what a mission to change (1 3/8 tubing)! the boss said i ll order one and you change it. I thought about it and asked about the bi flow filter could be blocked in one direction , No said boss.
So thought , ill just change filter first so i cut out the bi flow first and replacing and vac down the system , charge it up and run it , sure enough it was the filter check valve faulty , i could blow through one end but not the other.
Just something else to check out when diagnosing i quess.
Cheers Andy

monkey spanners
06-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Very interesting! What make and model were the driers and what where they fitted too? Just had same problem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pUZBi38rCM

Cheers Jon

AndyHX
07-03-2013, 03:12 AM
Hey Monkey, they were an emerson filter drier , not sure of exact details, 5/8 solder . The unit was a Temperzone package, New Zealand made.

AndyHX
07-03-2013, 03:31 AM
Just seen your video and the drier i replaced it with was a Sporlan ! dooh

mikeref
07-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Very interesting! What make and model were the driers and what where they fitted too? Just had same problem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pUZBi38rCM

Cheers Jon.. Forensic investigation at it's best. I see the core and felt pads had some discolouration. Maybe it was a good thing to have the bi-flow drier replaced at that time before further dramas developed. :eek: :)

monkey spanners
07-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Just seen your video and the drier i replaced it with was a Sporlan ! dooh

Interesting... Same size too, will be in contact with Sporlan to see what they have got to say about it.

monkey spanners
07-03-2013, 11:02 PM
.. Forensic investigation at it's best. I see the core and felt pads had some discolouration. Maybe it was a good thing to have the bi-flow drier replaced at that time before further dramas developed. :eek: :)

Was surprised at the discolouration, system had a failed reversing valve which was change at same time as the driers.