PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic Enclosure

eggs
06-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Hello chaps.

I need one of the above to house a floor mounted 10kw condensing unit, the council are very noise sensitive in the area and I need to put forward a proposal to get planning permission,

Any ideas who make such a thing? I have seen them for supermarket pack's but no idea where to get one off the shelf for such a small unit. Google doesn't reveal a great deal.

Any help or pointers appreciated.

Cheers

Tesla
06-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Hi eggs
You could use an enclosure with 50mm cool room panels and transition ducts for air in and air out as such like ac would on a meeting room, the later would have a solid outer case with soft internal insulation. You may need a gruntier fan and a change in direction of air flow for in and out. If the floor is sound reflective like wood also consider small rubber pads. Make it accessible for service with easy hinges.

Camille
06-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Hi

try to contact
Acoustic Enclosures for HVAC Noise Solutions

Sound Planning designs, supplys and installs acoustic enclosures for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning noise problems in the commerical and domestic sectors.

Typical Noise Related Problems:
Air Conditioning External Condenser Units
Generators
Air Source Heat Pumps
Chillers
Air Compressors
Industrial Plant
Fans
Motors
Plant Rooms
Communication (Comms) Rooms
HVAC Systems

Sound Planning design the acoustic enclosure to meet the requirements of each application; considering air flow and cooling requirements as well as overall noise reduction performance.

Acoustic enclosures will usually comprise of acoustic panels and acoustic louvres or attenuators (air supply and exhaust).

For further information or a quotation please contact Sound Planning:

Key Contact:

Dan Thomas MSc AMIOA

Farnham (Surrey) Office

Covering Greater London and the South East

Email Enquiries

TEL: 01252 711972

http://www.acoustic-enclosures.co.uk

Regards

Camille Zabbal

Brian_UK
06-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Could you build an acoustic wall around the unit?
or maybe just a single panel in front of it?

http://www.coltinfo.co.uk/alp-acoustic-louvre-panels.html