PDA

View Full Version : Oil reservoir oil doesnt return for multi system

qiyang
05-03-2013, 01:40 AM
Guys, I hope somebody can help me with this.

Why my oil in oil reservoir keep empty even though i already pour in quite a large amount of oil in my system.For example if today i pour in 20 liter of oil to my oil reservoir, it will become empty the next few days but the oil in my compressor is full. My multi system include freezer, cold room and island showcase cabinet. Im using refrigerant R-507.

Thanks for advicing.

Rob White
05-03-2013, 08:38 AM

If your oil is passing straight back to the compressors you
need to check the oil floats in the oil separator and compressors.

If they are OK you need to check the oil pressure differential valve
in the oil return line for correct operation and if that is OK then
you need to shut down one compressor at a time and close the oil
return to it and see if the oil stabilizes.

If everything is proved OK it could be one of the comps that has
developed a fault and it is passing oil.

Regards

Rob

chemi-cool
05-03-2013, 06:06 PM
R 507 dosent pull oil back properly when refrigerant velocity is low.
If you add some 2% propane of the total refrigerant weight, it will help oil o return from the evaporator.
This method is widely used in low emp where refrigerant velocity is low.

Done it all
04-05-2013, 09:54 AM
More than likely your oil separator is blocked so no oil is leaving this to refill the reservoir. All your oil is circulating in the system and returning via the suction line.
You need to replace the oil separator or open it and clean it if it is serviceable type. Then once it is working you will have to drain the surplus oil from your system.

Coorsman777
06-05-2013, 01:35 PM
More than likely your oil separator is blocked so no oil is leaving this to refill the reservoir. All your oil is circulating in the system and returning via the suction line.
You need to replace the oil separator or open it and clean it if it is serviceable type. Then once it is working you will have to drain the surplus oil from your system.

I agree with "Done It All". Get the oil system working properly and this should cure the problem.

Keep us posted!

ATR
01-06-2013, 05:36 AM
I use Propane ( R290 ) in the ultra low stuff I work on. It's great but at $1,200.00 for 16oz it would be a pretty penny to add it here. You should definitely be careful dumping all that oil in though, it may not be staying in the reservoir but it is staying, or logging, somewhere.

The MG Pony
21-06-2013, 02:48 PM
think you got your gasses cross wired R-290 (Technical grade propane, hell even BBQ grade propane dried well would do well enough for just oil return perposes)

Coorsman777
24-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Also try checking to make sure there is no suction restriction like blocked suction filters ect..

camelCase
15-07-2013, 09:26 PM
All the propane will do is lower the oil viscosity a bit since HC's are very soluble with most lubricants.

The last time I saw a problem such as the one described here was an issue related to the pressure check valve on the oil reservoir combined with underloading the system which lead to gas velocities that were too low to push the oil.

If you've just been dumping oil into the reservoir, be careful that your system isnt all gunked up. If all else fails - do a compression test on your compressor. Too much blow by can throw the whole pressure differential off which will cause faulty oil return.

THE DUDE
17-07-2013, 12:48 AM
I would check your Seperator. Is it moving any oil to the Resivor? A bad Seperator Screen/Float/Filter will cause problems.
Also mabey valve off oil regulators and watch how fast oil levels drop, you may have a OIL PUMPER.

Peter_1
17-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Feel the oil retun line from the separator, it must be warm to hot on a regular base, indicating oil flow.

Momo Levi
24-07-2013, 05:19 AM
I had the same problem. thanks!
mlevi2538@gmail.com