PDA

View Full Version : Stulz CCU ~ 30mm drain pipe connections ~ Adapter?

Makeit go Right
04-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Hi, there.
Stulz kit is German and, over there, I guess 30mm plastic/etc is a common size of pipe for connecting up to the humidifier drain outlet.

In UK, however, 30mm outside dia (OD) is a bit odd and connecting up to that drain is a bit of a problem. As the humidifier discharge water can be near boiling point, the first thought is to run the drain in copper (unless someone can suggest a plastic pipe/hose supplier). But UK copper plumbing pipe is 35mm od. Mind the gap.

My thoughts are to go with a 35x32 compression connector (metric to imperial) and tighten down the imperial-sized olive until it grips the plastic. Hopefully it would take up the 2mm gap(?) But I thought I would check with the savy engineers on RE in case anyone has come up with this issue before and can suggest the correct adapter, or a supplier of 30mm pip/hose+fittings that's good for near boiling water.

Any ideas/suggestions?

install monkey
04-03-2013, 10:41 PM
plumb ctr and b and q do a flex seal- a 3 inch peice of rubber with 2 jubilee clips to marry up both ends good for 3 bar pressure, also they can go up a size too
http://www.flexseal.co.uk/products/plumbing-range/epdm-commercial-plumbing-range

al
05-03-2013, 12:18 AM
Or poor a bit of glue on the pipe, light it up and force over fitting, remove and allow to cool and hey presto instant adapter, works great on those Linde outlets:)

alec

Makeit go Right
08-03-2013, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the ideas.

al
08-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Post a pic of your singed eyebrows, used to be right of passage here.

alec