PDA

View Full Version : Carpigiani Pronto 4 Batch freezer motor is not working

Rowan Savage
02-03-2013, 10:43 PM
Hi everyone,

I live in the UK (Watford) and last year bought a Pronto 4 batch freezer that is no longer being made. I left it on for over an hour tonight and the ice cream had frozen solid (rather than smooth). The motor is now longer working but the machine can still freeze liquid.

Could anyone advise on what I can do?

Thank you!!!
Rowan

install monkey
02-03-2013, 11:04 PM
CARPIGIANI UK
Faculty House
214 Holme Lacy Road
HR2 6BQ Hereford
Tel. +44 1432 346 018
Fax +44 1432 346 019
Email. info@carpigiani.co.uk
may have a technical dept

The Viking
02-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Call a professional?

Failing that, if you by the motor mean an electrical motor for a stirer type of thing then there is 2 things that can be done. Remove the motor and either find a like for like replacement or have it repaired. (Try searching yell.com for "motor rewind" in your area.

:cool:

al
02-03-2013, 11:36 PM
Is it a belt drive motor? Could be belt has snapped or slipped, not familiar with the model.

quickest answer is as above, call for service, if you have a few days, kill the power and pull the covers off the unit and take some pics?

alec

Magoo
03-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Don't know the exact model but twin and single barrell churns are controlled by motor torque sensor, if barrells are frozen then sensor not setup correctly and drive motor has stalled, and most likely tripped on thermal overload manual reset required.