PDA

View Full Version : Unusual car a/c system

R717
28-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Hi everyone,

i'd like to know peoples thoughts on this unusual auto a/c setup to increase the system capacity.

charlie patt
28-02-2013, 08:52 PM
i can sea why as a engineer but dealing with the auto sector a bit you have increased the amount of parts thus increasing the cost and possible weight this is a no go for auto sector as far i can tell there main point nowadays is cost of original goods ie the car. also with many of our uk cars its becomeing increasingly hard to find space on the modern vechicle if you look under the bonnet of my own car there aint a eggcupfull of space, prehaps in oz you obviously need more capacity but in uk there are raising the cut out temp of ac so we are requireing less capacity. but you never no benz dont want to fit the new 1234 so what next co2 on cars

padraic
28-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Cool looking set up. You would have to second look at it.

R717
01-03-2013, 09:59 AM
i can sea why as a engineer but dealing with the auto sector a bit you have increased the amount of parts thus increasing the cost and possible weight this is a no go for auto sector as far i can tell there main point nowadays is cost of original goods ie the car. also with many of our uk cars its becomeing increasingly hard to find space on the modern vechicle if you look under the bonnet of my own car there aint a eggcupfull of space, prehaps in oz you obviously need more capacity but in uk there are raising the cut out temp of ac so we are requireing less capacity. but you never no benz dont want to fit the new 1234 so what next co2 on cars

Yes the space issue in cars is a big problem. It is a limiting factor in the choice of condenser and evaporator sizes, there is only so much space in a car, installing larger coils can only be done up to a point. There's not much room under the modern dashboard or engine bay. Increasing effeciency by other means might even allow smaller coils and compressor to be utilised. i'm interested to see these new 1234 and Co2 systems.