PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Inverter 3mk75hven

happletree
28-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Hi everyone .... newbie here need urgent help and sorry if my email is too long .... :(

I have a Daikin inverter system 3 multi split unit - 3mk75hven.

The original PCB on my outdoor unit was burnt (lizards!!) and had to replace my PCB along with the Outdoor Fin Thermistor (Error E9) and so had to remove and then re-install them. Unfortunately, after I reinstalled them, the fan motor stopped working (i.e. whenever the main power is turned ON, the fan motor does not start when normally it does) ...funny thing is that when I turned ON the indoor unit, the fan motor will start to turn but, its blowing air only (not cold air). The led light on the PCB2 shows blinking green and LED 1 and 2 are both fixed red light.

Anyway, I moved the wirings around again and the next time I turned the aircon ON, it still shows same flashing green and 2 red light. I then turned on my indoor unit and fan started to turn but, few seconds later, my whole house tripped. I figured that I may have fried either the rectifier, shunt resister or the IGBT components! Funnily though, when it tripped, none of the Fuses on the outdoor unit or PCB card were blown and there were no burnt wires (although I did smell something burning when it tripped earlier). I realised then that it could have tripped because ..silly me... had re-connected the wires on the rectifier and IGBT wrongly.

Finally, I have got all my wires re-checked and correctly connected ... there were none burning wires and no signs of burnt on the PCB either. When the outdoor unit is turned ON, there is now a single flashing green light only .. (no more red lights...which should be good sign ....), but the fan motor still did not run. After about 1 minute, I then turned on my indoor unit and ...sigh..... I tripped my whole house again!!

Once again, I have checked for any burning wires or components on the PCB and I couldn't find any ... no fuses blown as well ..... can someone guide me on how I can check the IGBT, Resistor or Rectifier (using digital multimeter?) for any signs of fault? Physically, I could see nothing wrong with them else ... is there anything else I might have missed checking?

Sorry again for this long email ... but, hope I have provided all the important details. Also attached is the wiring diagram for my outdoor wiring unit. Thank you in advance!!