PDA

View Full Version : whirlpool k20 ice machine

mrn1marine
27-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Hi,
Whirlpool K20 ice machine new stat for ice thickness fitted, machine still wont go into harvest mode any help as i am now starting to pull my hair out with this.

cheers,

Mark.

monkey spanners
27-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Hot gas coil?

Andy AC
27-02-2013, 09:57 PM
Have you twiddled the calibration screw(not the control knob) on the stat when you have about 10mm or so of ice on the plate? They should have instructions with them, some do, some don't depends on who you got it from.
The last couple of these I have done have had to be set up like this, never used to be like this:(. Now after struggling fitting the stat in that awkward position, you've got to sit around and watch the thing make ice for a couple of cycles before you can leave it:mad:.

1mikeefc1
05-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Its no rarity for these stats to be faulty from the factory either.

mrn1marine
05-03-2013, 06:54 PM
Hi Gents,
Thank you for the replys, only just got back from a trip.
Hot gas coil seems to be fine, calibration screws ? does any one have instruction for these as whirlpool do not put any in the box!! if not what screw does what there is one on outside and the other is just inside. also does the capillarey tube configuration compleatly sit under the plate in a S configuration any more help would be greatly appreciated.

1mikeefc1
05-03-2013, 07:10 PM
The capillary snakes through the plate its screwed onto at the underneath of the evap and must be there. What happens when you turn the stat all the way until it clicks? If it goes onto harvest then in theory the stat is ok and I would check the positioning of the capillary.

install monkey
05-03-2013, 08:33 PM
check x box360's posts on Phillips k20 ice machine- poor fella has been struggling for 6 months to fix his

Airconandy
05-03-2013, 10:11 PM
I had one last year that wouldn't harvest even after i had fitted 2 new stats it, i put it down to the plate not getting cold enough to set off the hot gas cycle. I put a new compressor on and it worked again. I can only assume that although the compressor seemed to be operating correctly it was in fact probably only operating at about 80% of its duty, i would be curious if anyone else has found this.

snowy
30-03-2013, 02:36 PM
A few things to check: Remember that the tip of the thermostat capillary is the most critical and must be in good contact with the plate. Always loop it round in a U shape as per the original. Take great care not to pinch the capillary when screwing down as it's filled with gas and easily punctured. Also, the mounting plate screw threads strip off sometimes so check you have a firm mounting, not loose. Lastly, make sure you remove the bin door before you start - takes a few seconds to do and makes an awkward job much easier!

1mikeefc1
06-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Washers.? Thought this was an ice machine!