PDA

View Full Version : Parking in Westminster

Latte
24-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Hi Guys,

As per usual i am probably the last person to know about this might i might help somebody ;)

If you are parking in the city of westminster and are there all day usually you would park on a meter and pay. Currently £4 an hour and you can also get a ticket for feeding the meter.

There is a facility where you pay £24 for the whole day (£12 half day) and you can park all day on a metered bay or a residential bay (Only up to 5.30pm on residential) and not have to put money in the meter.

To obtain the permits you have to go to the underground car park on the northbound side of Park Lane and give your'e registration (Warning the attendant in there is a grumpy git) and he gives you an A4 size permit to put on your'e windscreen. Then just leave youre van on a meter and nothing to pay.

You can pay by cash, cheque and credit card but be warned if you go early on a monday expect to wait 30 mins.

Opens at 7am, but dont know how far in advance if at all you can book

Regards

Fatboy

rbartlett
25-01-2006, 12:20 AM
Hi Guys,

As per usual i am probably the last person to know about this might i might help somebody ;)

If you are parking in the city of westminster and are there all day usually you would park on a meter and pay. Currently £4 an hour and you can also get a ticket for feeding the meter.

There is a facility where you pay £24 for the whole day (£12 half day) and you can park all day on a metered bay or a residential bay (Only up to 5.30pm on residential) and not have to put money in the meter.

To obtain the permits you have to go to the underground car park on the northbound side of Park Lane and give your'e registration (Warning the attendant in there is a grumpy git) and he gives you an A4 size permit to put on your'e windscreen. Then just leave youre van on a meter and nothing to pay.

You can pay by cash, cheque and credit card but be warned if you go early on a monday expect to wait 30 mins.

Opens at 7am, but dont know how far in advance if at all you can book

Regards

Fatboy

the prices start at £24 and go up to £32+per day depending on zone..
it actually opens at 7.30 btw
in westminster you can feed the meter from what i've been told
you can book well in advace but only in person -ie not over the phone/net

oh and one last thing -they are planning to shut this facility very soon ;-)

did you notice the old boy always has a little plaster on his cheek??

cheers

richard

frank
25-01-2006, 11:13 AM
I was in London yesterday and I've just realised that I haven't paid the CONGESTION CHARGE :eek:

Well that's another £50 to old Ken then - ripoff Ba*t*rd

frank
25-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Rule number one -the moment i cross the C sign i put my
alarm on the mobile phone saying...Magic don't forget to drop some coin in Ken's pockettttttttttt rhrhrhrhrhrh:D :D :mad: :mad: :mad: :(
It's not often we are in London as we only have a couple of customers there and I normally send one of the lads.
Yesterday was a nightmare. It took 3.5hrs to get to the end of the M1 then another 1.5hrs to get to Holborn due to me choosing to go down the Euston Road - road works at the bottom caused it to back up all the way to the M1 :mad:
Had to go down to Camberwell after and didn't get back to Notts until 7.30pm, (nearly 13hours). After a wash, change, dinner and beer I clean forgot to visit the web site and pay.
If we were in London every day then I might expect to be penalised but 2/3 visits a year and it just doesn't register.
Have you noticed on the web site that the price increases from £8/day to £10/day if you pay between 10pm and midnight? talk about a licence to print money :(

chillyhamster
26-01-2006, 12:18 AM
Moral of the story is "Do'nt do any work inside the congestion charge area " (Soon to be the area inside the M25, so Ken makes a profit)

Latte
31-01-2006, 09:08 PM
did you notice the old boy always has a little plaster on his cheek??

cheers

richard

Hi Richard,

I went in there today and there was also a young bloke in there who served me and i was in and out in two minutes, the old git was serving someone else, still with a plaster on.

Another £24 parking and £8 congestion, Kens soon going to have enough to build an Olympic stadium

Regards

Ray

rbartlett
31-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Hi Richard,

Another £24 parking and £8 congestion, Kens soon going to have enough to build an Olympic stadium

Regards

Ray

maybe but you've already got enough for TWO stadiums !!

cheers

richard