PDA

View Full Version : Conversion box for temps and Pressures

Tesla
23-02-2013, 01:00 AM
I would like to suggest we have a conversion box on the left column some or where. I have a problem with DegF and have to google to convert it. This would be very helpful for those of us who are only familiar with one or the other. I am hesitant to answer most posts that are in degF. Also being old school I am more familiar with PSI. I think it could include
Temperature
Pressure
Length
Energy
But lets not make it too complicated with all the others. We could even use when writing a Post.
another helpful thing would be to include a symbol box as some PCs don't do it easily or we just don't know how to create the symbol.
Shat are your thoughts on this one folks

question mark
24-02-2013, 10:39 AM
hi all ,
new to the site and to the trade
certainly is a bit of a hassle to google it every time you read degF or Kpa for me, also unable to post a thread or ask a question, FAQ says click on post a Thread button but can't find it so jumping in the moving train sorry for that.

install monkey
24-02-2013, 11:33 AM
buy an i phone and download the app- other phones are available with similar functions!:D
I would like to suggest we have a conversion box on the left column some or where. I have a problem with DegF and have to google to convert it. This would be very helpful for those of us who are only familiar with one or the other. I am hesitant to answer most posts that are in degF. Also being old school I am more familiar with PSI. I think it could include
Temperature
Pressure
Length
Energy
But lets not make it too complicated with all the others. We could even use when writing a Post.
another helpful thing would be to include a symbol box as some PCs don't do it easily or we just don't know how to create the symbol.
Shat are your thoughts on this one folks

Tesla
24-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Hi Install Monkey
I did buy an IPhone4 and lost it - bummer. Now I am using my original IPhone1 but really I thought it would be a lot easier if there was a simple little thing like a box on left side to convert the units to what we are used to using. This could be helpful in posting too to display various units.
Personally I am over the IPhone with continuous upgrades and intend to get an Android Samsung note2 next.
Hi ? and welcome to the forum
Thanks for seeing my point. You may have to do a little posting first (not sure). To post a Thread I go to home page, Click on a group category like Controls or New Technologies, then click on the green "Post New Thread" top left and away I go.

MikeHolm
24-02-2013, 08:08 PM
I'm waiting for the new BB with the keypad to come out..... gonna blow the Iphone away, haha

Iceman717
24-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Hey, I'm all for it. I know how to convert F to C but I don't want to. Being in the US I tend to think in degrees F and I tend to rate things by Tons or HP. I see a lot of folks talking KW on here.