PDA

View Full Version : Computer Crash !!!!!!

Latte
24-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Hi Guys,

My lovely ME PC has gone into meltdown again.

I seem to have got it up and running again although i had to delete Norton Internet Security, or so i thought but the system doesn't seem to have deleted it all.

When i boot up, i appears to be looking for file that dont exisist which i assume have been deleted but how do i stop it looking for them. I cannot reinstall at the moment as i get an error message saying that not all components of NIS have been removed, please remove and reload.

The windows on boot up are

Symnatec User Series
A Neccessary file could not be loaded NAVprod
" " " " " " " NISprod

A Necessary component for this function is missing or damaged C:\program files\nortoninternetsecurity\nortonantivirus\ccavmail.dll

A Nexessary component ect ect
C:\programfiles\nortoninternetsecurity\ccemlflt.dll

Any ideas where i can manually delete the boot looking for these programs and hopefully then i can reinstall NIS

I Would Format hard drive and start again but this is a PCworld PC and ME came preinstalled and don't have a hard copy

Regards

Fatboy

frank
24-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Hi Raymond

if you have deleted the program then the reference to it is generated from the registry. You have to go in to the registry now and delete all references to the file - but as you have limited computer skills/knowledge, I would get someone else to do it for you. ;)

chillin out
24-01-2006, 11:06 PM
As Frank says there is still a entry in the registry.

All you have to do is delete it. Easier said than done, you could search through and find them all yourself...

Goto 'START , RUN, and type regedit.

But stuff that... get a registry cleaner.

Also get a decent anti virus, can`t beleive you are still running on ME.:eek: :eek:

Ill PM you

Chillin:) :)

Latte
24-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Also get a decent anti virus, can`t beleive you are still running on ME.:eek: :eek:

Ill PM you

Hi Chillin,

Thanks, Got yoyre PM, working through them

Was running NIS 2005, subscription run out, re subscribed and thats when it all went wrong.

subscription date when back to 1899 o it wouldn't bring the box up to enter subscription code and on and on fron there. Tried to remove and reinstall and all gone tits up.

Still find ME ok for what i do, although slow and full of bugs does the job (JUST)

Regards

Fatboy

chillin out
24-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Was running NIS 2005, subscription run out, re subscribed and thats when it all went wrong.

How much does it cost?

Latte
25-01-2006, 09:09 PM
How much does it cost?

£32 for another 12 months.

Another waste of money :eek:

Regards

Fatboy

Latte
25-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Hi Guys,

Just to give you an update.
Just done a scan at freeregistryfix.com and its found over 900 items and yes there were loads of norton files tucked away.

Regards

Fatboy

frank
29-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Found this on another forum.

Kramer and other members promoting water cooling- you have alot to answer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided this weekend to try and quiten my PC by following some other members lead and going down the water cooling road. The fans on my PC were really starting to drive me mad

The first thing that I did was to remove all the fans. The one on the processor and graphics card were no problem but the one in the power unit was a bugger to get out.

The most difficult part was sealing all the ventilitation openings in the PC case with silicon. I also put silicon all around the joints on the PC case. The smell of silicon was dreadful but when my wife complained I told her to be patent as it will be worth it when we have a completely silent PC.

Because I had completely sealed the PC case the only opening near top was the DVD drive. So I opened that and put the small hose I had purchased specially for the job into the DVD drive as far as it would go. With what I can only describe as great excitement and anticipation, I turned on the water. It really is amazing just how long it took before the case was complete full, and boy was it heavy. That didn't really bother me as I didn't intend to be moving the PC anyway.

The big moment had arrived so I called in my wife and mother in law (who was visiting) and I announced "prepare to hear nothing!" and flicked the switch on the socket on the wall.

Before I could even press the power button on front of the PC, with a loud bang, the whole place was plunged into darkness

I knew that it was only the tripswitch so I told my onlookers not to panic and I ran out to the hall to turn the trip switch back on. But can u believe it, it wouldn't stay on. After five attempts I decided to try unplugging the PC and would you believe...yes the trip switch stayed on. My conclusion: the PC must have in some way been causing the problem.

After about an hour of tries I finally decided to abandon the whole idea of water cooling and emptied the water out of the PC, put back in the fans (except the fan in the power unit, I had broken that one getting it out) and tried the pc AGAIN. IT STILL CAUSED THE TRIP SWTICH TO BLOW!

My PC is completely ****ged thanks to stupid suggestions that I got on this forum. What the hell am I going to do now. I spent two hours last night with a hair drier inside the PC case and it still trips the switch.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Connor

chillin out
29-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Conor
What you desperately need is to get a BRAIN.:eek: :eek:

What a plonker!!!

chillin out
29-01-2006, 10:32 PM
LOL... Read the whole post here....