PDA

View Full Version : Aspen - ECO Warrior Recovery Units

Iceman1956
21-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Has anyone had experience of the Aspen Eco Warrior Recovery Unit. We have had 2 of these and both have smashed up the compressors. The units have never been used without a drier in the inlet line, and they are supposed to be able to handle liquid. Both were only 13 months old when they failed and are not hammered every day.

Aspen wont play ball on the repair, but they no longer sell these but do repair them, I wonder why !!! :(

I thought I would find out if this is a common fault on these units.

al
21-02-2013, 08:04 PM
i had one fail December last year, in fairness it was 5 years old, compressor packed up recovering 410a, have looked into getting the compressor but thomson or aspen won't supply it directly, have to buy from wholesaler so nearly cheaper to but a new one.

Had a robinair previously which failed after 2 years, CPS seem to be recommended but blinking expensive.

alec

monkey spanners
21-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Got eco buddy thats eight years old, been getting noisey but still runs. Think it uses the same compressor as the eco warrior.

al
21-02-2013, 11:43 PM
As far as i know nearly all the recovery units use the same pump, made by Thomas.

alec

install monkey
21-02-2013, 11:50 PM
when reclaiming liq- ur meant to close the inlet slightly- on promax rg540's theres a lil mark otherwise it bounces and rattles