PDA

View Full Version : Danfoss BD35f locked rotor

CrazyJane
21-02-2013, 06:08 AM
I've been asked to sort out a problem with an unused 12/24v fridge that's been sitting on a shelf for about 10 years.
The compresssor, a Danfoss BD35f 12/24v, when connected to 12v, fails to start.
A diagnostic led flashes 3 times.
I am satisfied that the motor and electronics are ok and believe that the rotor has locked through lack of use.
Does anybody know of a method, either electrically or mechanically, of freeing the pump/motor without having to opoen the hermetically sealed chamber?

question mark
21-02-2013, 08:20 AM
hi mate i m still learning and very new to the site and trade with 1 year exp
i think you should put nitrogen into the suction side at about 3000 kpa and start the compressor for very split second give it couple of goes or you can heat up the refrigerant on suction side and get the pressure very high , because i cant see how to get the rotor lock out and get moving by any other way , i know some people say give it a good shake or hammer it but i cant see how that will work thanks

CrazyJane
22-02-2013, 10:16 AM
hi mate i m still learning and very new to the site and trade with 1 year exp
i think you should put nitrogen into the suction side at about 3000 kpa and start the compressor for very split second give it couple of goes or you can heat up the refrigerant on suction side and get the pressure very high , because i cant see how to get the rotor lock out and get moving by any other way , i know some people say give it a good shake or hammer it but i cant see how that will work thanks

Thanks for your suggestion. I agree that the hammer solution is unlikely to work. Increasing the pressure on the piston sounds as if it has a chance of success, what about heating the outside of the case to achieve the increase in pressure, say to 50 or 60 degrees C. What pressure can the case take?