PDA

View Full Version : ASTA09LCC Fault - Timer LED flash

jbolger
20-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Hi there,

I have a Fujitsu ASTA09LCC that is displaying a fault code via the timer LED. It shows 4 flashes in a cycle. Operation LED is off. I cannot find any info on this specific fault and would like to do some basic troubleshooting to know if it's worth repairing/replacing.

Thanks,
Jason

Tayters
20-02-2013, 09:16 PM
G'day Cobber,

4 flashes is comms error where outdoor can't see indoor. Usuallly you get it the other way round where indoor can't see the outdoor but hey ho.

Check interconnect all good, not going through any isolators. Check indoor and outdoor PCB's for obvious damage, fuses intact, plugs all in.

If you have another unit of same model nearby you can swap interconnect over to prove which end the comms error lies.
Comms should be up to 120 V Ac between N and 3. If around 50V AC then only comms from 1 unit.

Full report on my desk for further troubleshooting my man!

Cheers,
Andy.

jbolger
20-02-2013, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the quick response.

I did an error code reset (held auto/man for 5 secs) then powered off the unit from the mains for 10min. Upon turning it back on, it fired up and the outdoor unit kicked in. I'll give it a good workout tonight and if the fault recurs I'll pop the covers and whip out the multimeter. I couldn't find a service manual anywhere, so thanks for the detail on the fault code.

I don't have the same model but do have an ASTA24LCC.

Cheers,
Jason

jbolger
22-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Well, it's survived the last two nights. Fingers crossed it stays good. Thanks again for your help.