PDA

View Full Version : monoscrew compressor

Lc_shi
24-01-2006, 02:31 AM
I've known McQuay has applied monoscrew compressor in refrigeration. Who knows more about this tech and how about it to compare with twin screw compressor?

rgds
LC

Swampy
24-01-2006, 01:48 PM
What Info Do You Want. They Use Star Wheels Instead Of Twin Screws, Have Capacity Control Slides. Post What You Want And I'll Try And Dig Out The Info

US Iceman
24-01-2006, 03:43 PM
LC,

McQuay has a license for HVAC applications. The refrigeration and gas compression licenses are owned by Vilter in the US.

Hall in England also has a license.

What type of information are you looking for? Perhaps I can help.

Lc_shi
25-01-2006, 02:11 AM
I want to know the manufacturers information and the performance data. Is it better than twin screws ?

thx

LC

US Iceman
25-01-2006, 03:15 AM
LC,

Try this link for some basic information.

http://www.vilter.com/pdf/VSS_final.pdf

To answer your second question about performance comparisons... It depends.

Some of the single screw compressors have different methods of capacity control and volume ratio control. The Vilter compressor has parallel slide valves, which allow better part load control. Higher efficiencies than twin screws.

Another aspect of screw compressor comparisons is construction. A twin screw has thrust bearings and hydraulic balance pistons to control or limit the axial bearing loads.

The Vilter single screw is almost all radial bearing loads, no axial thrust bearings are required.

If you need some additional information, let me know.

lowtempref
05-10-2006, 04:47 PM
APV Baker,Kent, UK is the first developer of single screw machine owing the patended rights from french developer Mr.Zimmermen. APV is now named as J&E Hall who developed and installed more than 100000 compressor all over the world. Now J&E Hall owned by Mquay and inturn Mquay is owned by Daikin. Now in the entire world, only Daikin,J&E Hall and Vilter whom they have successfully developed the single screw design and have more installations. Single screws are more simple in design with single piece casing design and more reliable. The service requirements are very minimum but I have no comparitive data with any other compressors. But it is quite intresting technology and the details of operation are available in Ashrae book or vilters and J&E Hall websites

Josip
05-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Hi, Lc_shi :)

I've known McQuay has applied monoscrew compressor in refrigeration. Who knows more about this tech and how about it to compare with twin screw compressor?

rgds
LC

here you can find some info about mono and twin screw:
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5630

Best regards, Josip :)

gwapa
13-10-2006, 02:31 AM
Hi
There are another point that is very importat. The adquisicion cost. The mono screw is close to 20 % chepper than twin screw.
The star in the monoscrew is made of a material softer than the screw so one has to change the star sometimes. It is esasy to change but you have to have some spare

rtamayo
20-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Dear LC, If you want I could contact you with a friend who is a engineer of Mc Quay (ex Vilter people); sure that he could solve all your answers about that performance of the 02 brands.
...the mono screw is cheaper than the twins screw.

Ronel

US Iceman
20-10-2006, 09:45 PM
...a friend who is a engineer of Mc Quay (ex Vilter people)...

Is his name Luc by any chance? I might know him.

guapo
21-10-2006, 01:20 AM
Hi,
I experienced a lot of problem to mcquay screw compressor, but now they are using J&E Hall compressor to their system which is much better.

Best Regards:)