PDA

View Full Version : Daikin FTXS71LVMA installation manual

Lynton
19-02-2013, 11:05 AM
Hi all,
Forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong section.
I was hoping someone could direct me to an installation manual for a Daikin FTXS71LVMA indoor unit. I have searched the net but to no avail. Why Daikin are so damn secretive with this sort of info I just don't know.
Reason being is that I'm doing a quote for a builder who is purchasing one of these units and I need to know how much refrigerant p/m over 10m to add for the quote.
Also will need to know indoor dimensions (the template), to know where to fit drain and pipework as will need to first-fix wall several months prior to second fix.
Can do Mitsi Electrics of the top of my head but am unfamiliar with the measurements of the Daikin.
Any help appreciated.
Thank you,
Regards,
Lynton

frank
19-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Here in the UK, the FTXS wall mount fan coil only goes up to size 60 Split type)

The size 71 is the FAQ71 Skyair, It seems that the Australian models are slightly different.

Do Daikin Aus have an Extranet?

Lynton
19-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Here in the UK, the FTXS wall mount fan coil only goes up to size 60 Split type)

The size 71 is the FAQ71 Skyair, It seems that the Australian models are slightly different.

Do Daikin Aus have an Extranet?

Thanks for the prompt reply!
I believe they do but I'm not a Daikin dealer or service agent.
I'm just going to be installing them for the builder. Obviously I will be able to sort it out once the builder gets the unit.... just wanted to get a heads-up on the measurements for pipe and drain placement in the wall.

Regards,
Lynton

Lynton
19-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Oh, while I'm online.... the 71 is the same physical size as the FTXS60 ina Australia according to brochures.

Lynton

install monkey
19-02-2013, 09:48 PM
a daikin 71 unit should be precharged for usually 30 mtr before any additional req.
if ur just quoting for an install- just price for installing the unit and any extra gas req will be at X ausD

Lynton
23-02-2013, 10:31 PM
All I could find
FTXS71GV1B,FTXS71FV1B,FTXS71FVMA, FTXS71BVMB,FTXS71EV1B.
Which one do you prefer? ;)

Sorry. Have been away for small holiday.
Who would have thought this would be so painful? :)
The brochure of the unit says pre charged up to 10m.
I think I will just have to wait and see if I get the job and tell the customer that I will require the indoor unit prior to first fixing so I can get the correct placement from the unit itself.
Have never quite trusted templates anyway. I remember an Airwell unit that came out with one and if you used it you would see the pipe penetrations at the bottom of the unit.

Thank you all for your input.
Regards,
Lynton