PDA

View Full Version : sanyo vrf eeprom (F29) fault

Gezuz
18-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Hi guys. Long time reader first time poster :p
Wonder if you guys can help as ive just confused the bejesus out of the sanyo technical guy.

What i have is two sanyo (dont know why they fitted sanyo units) vrf system strapped together. All area's are ok except for an intermitting fsult i have on aa freezer room unit but thats in hand. Whst im having issues rectifying is 1 off 3 units in a computer room not running. It fires up a F29 fault code when powered up. Were also getting the lovely e04 fault to this unit. Tried checking the the address but found the other two units msrked as 1-2 and 1-4 with the non running unit seemingly labeled as 4-0 in the controller ( when highlighted fan runs). This explaibs the e04 as of the 15kW in the room only 10kw is recorded on the controller.

Can i manually address this from the controller or need to readdress it all? Or is it simply a case that the eeprom chip has forgotten what its fitted to? Im typing this while waiting for sanyo/pana to phone me back. Seems its stumped them.

Why didnt they fit a daikin :(

Cheers

RusBuka
18-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Dude, here not shamans gathered, give a model of the external block at least, and what panels stand)

RusBuka
18-02-2013, 07:17 PM
And that you wouldn't speak, Daikin in comparison with Sanyo a piece of ****. At Sanyo there was only the only problem - obligatory to connect an qualitative cable.

stufus
18-02-2013, 08:29 PM
You are getting e04 because your address's dont match !!
1-2 &1-4 Stand for RC address 1 unit's 2&4
If you check the dip and rotary settings on the master outdoor unit you will find the RC address set to 1
And you are getting F29 because the system can't work out why it is looking at an Rc4 indoor unit.
Power everything down then on powering up the outdoor unit short out the auto address pins on the board.
You can assign the indoor a new address via the remote if you know the settings
Cheers
Stu

PS , The Sanyo" techguy " is a long time member on here.....:D

Loops
05-03-2013, 12:17 PM
You can manually address Sanyo systems by bridging two pins on the outdoor board marked as A.ADD. (sometimes it;s a button you just press)

Make sure and central conrol \ BMS wiring is disconnected and make a note of CC\BMS addresses before you do this procedure.

Make sure power is on to all parts of the AC, it's not running and then just bridge A.ADD for 2-3 sec. Then wait fiive mins or so and your susyem should have re-addressed.

To verify press 'unit' on each odf the local wired controllers and you'll get an address shown = OD add - ID add. For example each controller shopws 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 etc

Let us know how you get on.

Loops