PDA

View Full Version : Daewoo Fridge/freezer

T.Fitzpatrick
23-01-2006, 10:14 PM
My fridge freezer is supposed to be "frost free" but ice is building up at the base and my kitchen floor is soaking.
Help please.

rbartlett
23-01-2006, 10:23 PM
go to ukwhitegoods.co.uk

more suited to your problem

cheers

richard

Karl Hofmann
23-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Chances are it'll need defrosting. Despite what the maketing guff says about being frost free there will be times when the freezer will need defrosting such as when the door has been opened many times in humid conditions or the air vents have been blocked by over stuffing the freezer. I normally switch the freezer off, remove the food and blow the wifes hairdrier into the air outlet at the bottom untill warm air blows through the vents at the top. The molten ice will drip down and be directed in to a tray that sits on top of the compressor where the heat from the compressor will cause the water to evaporate, but you may find that when you defrost, the tray will not hold all of the water and will fall on to the floor. This is also a good oportunity to clean under the freezer, you'll be amazed at what you find under there

chillin out
23-01-2006, 11:03 PM
My fridge freezer is supposed to be "frost free" but ice is building up at the base and my kitchen floor is soaking.
Help please.
Is this inside the base or actually underneath the base?

What make is it?

How old?

Chillin:) :)

afeef
24-01-2006, 08:45 AM
dear
ice in freezer means the defrost is not working
the defrost system is consist of
1-heaters
2-timer
3-overhear thermostat
so one of these components is out of order
check it one by one
good luck
:cool:

T.Fitzpatrick
24-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Thanks to all of you.Cheers.

Andywat
03-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Have you got it sorted now? I have experience in these

Mad Scot
17-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Last time i saw this fault the drain in the freezer needed unblocking. the build up of water was over flowing into the freezer where the water froze.