PDA

View Full Version : Mini split removal

Acrisoft
17-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Hi

I know the theory about Mini split removal, but I have some doubts about the steps:

Run the compressor, close liquid line, close gas line, turn compressor OFF.

I would appreciate if someone could explain it step by step or clarify the doubts below:

1-When exactly I must close the gas line and turn off the unit ?

2- How fast must gas line be closed, as it take many turns to close ?

3- Is it the same to inverter units ?

4- What can go wrong during the job ?

Moises

boulaxis
17-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Answers

1. At small systems after you close the liquid line vane 1minute is enough.
2. When the minute pass then close the gas line vane quicly
3.Yes
4.To leave a small amount of refrigerant inside the pipes

install monkey
17-02-2013, 04:53 PM
run the unit, fit gauges, purge or vac line, shut liq valve run unit into vac, stop unit and shut suction valve, ensure valves dont pass

kefah
17-02-2013, 06:15 PM
run the system for 5 minutes
shut the liquid line valve
wait for 5 minutes
shut the gas line
immediately turn off the unit

Brian_UK
17-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Follow post #3 from Install Monkey, ignore others; always use the correct equipment, not guess work.

Acrisoft
18-02-2013, 02:39 PM
run the unit, fit gauges, purge or vac line, shut liq valve run unit into vac, stop unit and shut suction valve, ensure valves dont pass

I dind't understand "purge or vac line" at the sequence (2) as tube are supposed to be full.

"stop unit and shut suction valve" As it takes many turns to close, won't refrigerant scape while I close the valve ?

Also, how can I prevent the air inside the house to get into the system ?

aircool
18-02-2013, 03:31 PM
if you dont understand you should,nt be doing it..

Acrisoft
18-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Thank you Aircool. I will not do it. Please clarify my doubts.

Brian_UK
18-02-2013, 10:06 PM
I dind't understand "purge or vac line" at the sequence (2) as tube are supposed to be full.

"stop unit and shut suction valve" As it takes many turns to close, won't refrigerant scape while I close the valve ?

Also, how can I prevent the air inside the house to get into the system ?

"Purge or vac" refers to your manifold gauge hoses so that you do not allow 'air' into the system.

"Stop unit and shut suction valve", the suction or discharge valve of the compressor will hold the refrigerant inside the unit while you close the valve.

Air will get into the pipework and indoor unit as soon as you undo one of the pipe connectors that is why you need to evacuate that section when it is reassembled.

Acrisoft
19-02-2013, 08:13 PM
"Purge or vac" refers to your manifold gauge hoses so that you do not allow 'air' into the system.

If I connect the hose it will open the Schrader valve. How can I vacuum the hose ?
Please clear this small issue.

Moises

Brian_UK
19-02-2013, 11:15 PM
OK, forget the vaccing of your manifold set, just puff some gas through it before you start to fill the manifold with vapour.

frank
20-02-2013, 06:46 PM
#B G Scott
#jdunc2301

Nothing wrong with your posts but the comment made by me when deleting the post by Kelly Jones appears in all posts deleted....sorry, there is not an option to input several comments when deleting...unless I delete them separately :)
Keep up the good work chaps ;)

jdunc2301
20-02-2013, 07:56 PM
hhhhmmmm ;)