PDA

View Full Version : MV600 ghost trip

andre_fridge
23-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Hi all
maybe somebody can help on the problem that I am baffled by here, installed a new scotsman MV600 20 december 2005, unit ran perfectly till just after new year then started tripping on the head pressure controller, we checked the unit and left it to run , unit ran perfectly in temperatures of 35C/95F with no trips, unit then started tripping sporadically last week, only over night, we ducted the hot air out of the room and checked head pressure,replaced the condenser fan motor, the head pressure is never over 350Psi , unit ran again for two days then tripping started to re-occur, double checked head pressure, air flow over condenser, unit still tripping over night, I contacted the Head Technician for SA for possible solutions.
The unit was taken off automatic control to manual control on jumper switches (PCB) unit ran from friday mid day to sunday night then tripped again.
The unit runs perfectly during hot and cool days, but as soon as it starts to rain , or fairly heavy rain has fallen the unit trips out on the head pressure switch.
If anybody has heard of this problem or has any suggestions please let me know, it has most of us in town baffled