PDA

View Full Version : split system repair/replacemnt

kmasterx75
13-02-2013, 05:29 AM
Hi all,

So here is what happened some kids tried to jack my compressor outside my home
:mad: I was very lucky i managed to get the units back but not before they chopped it so now it is just sitting in my garage. I was hoping to reinstall it but had a few questions. First off what all is required in recharge part, I have some experience with car AC systems but this is a little new to me, I am assuming that i need to change out the oil or dryer? Should i stick to using R22 it is a R22 units? R22 is quit expensive for me $15.00+ a pound:eek:. I was hoping to do this my self the AC places i called were not cheap or not willing to repair only replace with an all new system. I am new to everything but willing to learn. Thanks for any help!

cool_tech
13-02-2013, 10:04 AM
$15 asd a pound thats cheap. try $150 aud a kilo (2 pound). I would call an air con tech, r22 is being phased out will be hard and more expensive to get r22.

Kylmä-Mika
14-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Change oil, drier filter, and every parts that have a rubber seal. if there is any..

And use R422D retrofit.

Or call tech, not very cheap operation.

And hello everybody, I'm new here from Finland. Sorry my english but try to understand.

install monkey
14-02-2013, 10:49 PM
get a new system fitted by pro's - no issues

kmasterx75
15-02-2013, 03:47 AM
no no rubber that i know of... any easy way of getting the old oil out? and any oil preferred?
i just acquired some r22 so i will be using that ;)

monkey spanners
20-02-2013, 05:56 PM
Join it back together where the kids chopped it. Fit a new drier (bi flow if its a heat pump) Check for leaks and if ok give the system a really good vacuum (power up the crank case heater when vaccing if possible (but do NOT power the compressor when it in a vacuum))

Charge it up with R22 by either super heat or subcooling depending on the metering device type.

If it works you have saved money over a new system, if not then time for a new one.

jdunc2301
20-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Join it back together where the kids chopped it. Fit a new drier (bi flow if its a heat pump) Check for leaks and if ok give the system a really good vacuum (power up the crank case heater when vaccing if possible (but do NOT power the compressor when it in a vacuum))

Charge it up with R22 by either super heat or subcooling depending on the metering device type.

If it works you have saved money over a new system, if not then time for a new one.

or add R22 by the rating plate...this is good advice...if you can manage it, if not then a new system would be best

good luck